The Mind Boggles!

MikeSalt

Flashlight Enthusiast
It was probably only three years ago when I had a Maglight Solitaire on my keyring :green:, and a Maglite 6D for those times when 162.5 lumens were really needed :naughty:. I thought I had the absolute Mutt's nuts in flashlight technology :twothumbs.

In a week's time I will be the owner of a Fenix P1D-CE Q5, with up to 180 emitter lumens, on my keychain :thinking:! Coupled with superior optics compared to the Mag, this means my keychain light will put out more than my huge staff flashlight :twothumbs!

P.S. I love the Fenix (and other) LEDs very much. But for colour-rendition goodness, that Mag 6D went the way of the ROP, and then so did the 2D :naughty:.

Essexman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Makes you wonder what will be on your keyring in next 3 years ?

Daekar

Enlightened
Yep, particularly amazing when you consider the Fenix you're going to get will give you that kind of output fully regulated, where the 6D Maglite would give you almost immediately decreasing light because... well, alkalines suck. I definitely second the question: what will you have in 3 more years?

jayhackett03

Enlightened
It was probably only three years ago when I had a Maglight Solitaire on my keyring :green:, and a Maglite 6D for those times when 162.5 lumens were really needed :naughty:. I thought I had the absolute Mutt's nuts in flashlight technology :twothumbs.

SAME HERE!!!

swxb12

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hopefully battery technology keeps up. A few years ago I thought my INOVA X5 was the best LED thing ever.