Will fenix be releasing new versions of their flashlights soon?

dinocol

Newly Enlightened
anyone here knows if fenix will be releasing newer versions of their lights? im planning to get a P2D and the last one was released on August.. what's holding me back is that they might release a new version soon like what happened to my P1D Q2.. after a month the Q5 version was released..

DanielG

Enlightened
I'm new to the flashlight really looking at thing, but the little I've seen already is a lot like computers, buy what blows your skirt up now and stop looking at that light for a bit. Find something in another range, another style, another form factor to start looking at.

The next thing will ALWAYS be about 2-6 months out. It'll ALWAYS be cheaper the minute after you buy it and the newer model will ALWAYS come out right after you've spent your money.

NickelPlate

Enlightened
If they have something you want, I'd go ahead and buy it. Fenix is coming out with new flashlight models so often that if you wait for the next thing, you'll be waiting forever :popcorn:. I still have and use regularly my old, L2P (discontinued awhile ago).

NP

Dr.K

Enlightened
I agree, get what you want now. You might go DOH later, but flashaholism is at an all time greatness right now.

Things are very good for us.

jezzyp

Enlightened
I agree with you all
From that I read the Q5 is only a bit brighter than the Q1 and in normal use you wouldn't really notice.

I still use my L1P nightly as the P1DCE is too bright!

jasonsmaglites

Enlightened
well, it is possible the p2d ce q5 is right around the corner. they just put it in the p1d ce.
i'm waiting for the 2aa q5 myself.
i already have the q2 and will then sell it off.

Oddjob

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm new to the flashlight really looking at thing, but the little I've seen already is a lot like computers, buy what blows your skirt up now and stop looking at that light for a bit. Find something in another range, another style, another form factor to start looking at.

The next thing will ALWAYS be about 2-6 months out. It'll ALWAYS be cheaper the minute after you buy it and the newer model will ALWAYS come out right after you've spent your money.

Good advice. Sometimes if you keep waiting you'll never end up buying anything. If you are willing to accept a bit of a loss you can always buy and then sell later. The money you lose in the long run may be worth it to try new lights and discover you'd rather have something else. You can pretty much guarantee that Fenix will have new models on a regular basis so just buy what you like now, enjoy it and then when something new comes out sell your old one and buy the new one.