U2 Weapons Mount?

grnamin

Enlightened
I don't want to post the actual picture here because I don't have Al's permission, so here's a link instead:
http://www.pk-e.com/Size15/images1/DSC02907.JPG

It's a U2 head attached to a weapon mount. I don't know what the mount's designation is, but I'm sure Al does.

One thing about the U2 that I feel detracts from weapon light use is the fact that it can be at its lowest light level when you turn it on in a bind and you have to dial up to the highest level. That, in effect, would waste valuable time, unlike an L5 that's always at its highest light level.

Paladin

Enlightened
Very clever. And as long as one always left the power ring set on HIGH before shutdown, the bright level will be available for instant use. Being able to dial it down before use for discrete navigation purposes wouldn't take much thought either. Now I wonder if my U2 bezel will fit one of my personal weapon light mounts, or was that a Surefire "tool room" creation?

Paladin

NickDrak

Enlightened
Additionally, I think that using a U2 head for a weapon mounted light kinda defeats its purpose. The low setting on the U2 isnt really low enough for covert navigation purposes. As was previously mentioned, I think a SF L5 head is a better option for a weapon light.

As far as who makes the best weaponlight mounts, LaRue Tactical makes the best 1" light mounts on the market.

Last edited: