Surefire ear plugs

RadarGreg

Enlightened
They are very comfortable as well. You can wear them for long periods without ear fatigue. Not quite as cool as my Sordin headset, but still very nice.:cool:

iced_theater

Enlightened
I have some, I bought them for a Trans-Siberian Orchestra concert I went too last year and was about 5 rows back from the stage. They are much more comfortable than other style ear plugs, but if you have sensitive ears they still start hurting after awhile.

supes

Enlightened
I use them for outdoor shooting but if I was indoors, I would double up with muffs or just some good muffs.

Overall comfortable and make sure its plugged in for effectiveness. Just depends on application.

mahoney

Enlightened
I've tried them. For shooting they are OK, but they are not as effective for power tools as plain old foam earplugs. They got brittle after about 3 months use.

elgarak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Am I the only one wondering if his ears are large, medium or small? :thinking:

Stillphoto

Flashlight Enthusiast
Am I the only one wondering if his ears are large, medium or small? :thinking:

I went down to surefire to pick mine up wondering the same thing. They had an online promotion giving away pairs of them, but I figured since I had a big head (and big ears) and they were giving away mediums, I'd be out of luck.

When I got there the woman that helped took one look at my ears and said I was a medium for sure. She said her husband had large ears and thought the same that I did and ended up wrong. I tried on the mediums and they fit great.

I will say that after a few hours of continuous use (maybe 3 or 4) I had to take them out for a few and re-adjust them/let my ears breath. Come to think of it I do that with all earplugs, so its not just these.

Wore them in the pits of the Grand Prix of Long Beach and they did a superb job. Took em out on the back straight just to see how much they did when the cars were at high rpm and I paid for it with a bit of ringing in my ears.

cac313

Newly Enlightened
+1 here too

I've been using mine for my daily motorcycle commute for about a month. They are definitely different than the Laser Lite's I'd been using. They let a lot more wind noise through. At first I thought they didn't work at all but I did some riding with only one in and I could tell right away they do work. They let through more noise just not much beyond a certain level (80db?) whereas the foam ones block out everything. As long as I get them seated properly in the outer ear they are very comfortable.

I got them here for $8.15 including shipping. I think they have medium only.

I can hear more than I expected but it's probably better to hear a little more. Still, no ringing when I'm done riding (gotta love wide open v-twin pipes!)

Cheers