Fenix Q5P1D-CE or P1D-CE

Old Farmer

Newly Enlightened
For a EDC, which would you go with? Can you still get the Q5? I want a single battery light.

RonnieBarlow

Enlightened
Out of those two, I would definitely get the Q5. It's much brighter than the original P1D-CE. Same light, better emitter.

It's still available, yes.

MikeSalt

Flashlight Enthusiast
The P1D-CE P4 (the original) does not have the textured reflector. It is available with that reflector as a no-cost option, but the Q5 (black or natural) edition comes with it as standard. This gives you a silky-smooth beam without the Cree artifacts.

Whilst a textured reflector nominally reduces throw, the higher output of the Q5 compensates for this. And you get more light than the original in the spillbeam. The Q5 is win-win, and for only 50 cents (25 pence) more.

Phaetos

Enlightened
Yours is very blue on the left and the Q5 is fairly green. My P2D is a nice white shade. Different bin?

Gunner12

Flashaholic
I'd pick nether if you want a click switch. That choice would go to the P2D-Rebel 100.

But the Q5 would be brighter(due to more efficient LED). So I'd pick that out of the two.

olrac

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd pick nether if you want a click switch. That choice would go to the P2D-Rebel 100.

But the Q5 would be brighter(due to more efficient LED). So I'd pick that out of the two.

If you go that route, screw the P2D and just go for the P3D rebel, it blows away the P2D rebel IMO, brighter 200 lumens, better runtime, no bright flash between modes.

I have the P1D Q5 with both the smooth reflector and the MOP and I love them both, really good EDC

And the Q5 has a great white tint actually makes the P3D rebel now look a little rose colored and my cree xr-e q4 a little green when they are all side by side

Last edited:

robo21

Enlightened
Yours is very blue on the left and the Q5 is fairly green. My P2D is a nice white shade. Different bin?

My P1D CE Q5 is awfully green also
puke.gif

half-watt

Flashlight Enthusiast
SPAM post reported to Mods/Admins. the CPF-Police response time is generally short. better run while you still have a chance! they take no prisoners!