Does anyone EDC a multi-LED light?

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
When I say "multi-LED," I mean Trilux or more, not a 5mm showerhead. When I say "EDC," I mean every single day carry, not "EDC when I go on night hikes," because that really isn't EDC.

So, does anyone EDC one, or are they all still too bulky?

LEDcandle

Flashlight Enthusiast
If anyone EDCs a C2 or M3 or U2 or A2, then it would be the same as someone who EDCed a tri-lux built into those form factors. I believe there are folks who EDC this size of light.

Personally, 1xAA is the biggest I go.

When modamag finally decides to reply and send my drake out, I might just EDC that only; let's see :)

paulr

Flashaholic
There's a new board with three Luxeon Rebels in a very tight cluster, that will probably make edc lights with multiple high power leds a reality. I suppose you could also count the Luxeon V, which was really four leds in a single package.

First thing I thought of when I saw the title of this thread was my 1aaa, 3x5mm Peak Matterhorn, but that's clearly not what you had in mind.

270winchester

Flashlight Enthusiast
do you have a link to a tri-lux light in C2 or A2 size?

If anyone EDCs a C2 or M3 or U2 or A2, then it would be the same as someone who EDCed a tri-lux built into those form factors. I believe there are folks who EDC this size of light.

When modamag finally decides to reply and send my drake out, I might just EDC that only; let's see :)

I remember someone from Europe made a tri-SSC in a KL4 head. pure flood, but looks very usable.

Last edited:

LEDcandle

Flashlight Enthusiast
do you have a link to a tri-lux light in C2 or A2 size?

I remember someone from Europe made a tri-SSC in a KL4 head. pure flood, but looks very usable.

Erm well, I meant more like Milky's mods into the KL heads running a stock body or some other 2xCR123a or 18650 body... I guess tri-led will be a tight fit for the stock SF heads but I'm not sure if it's been done before?

If we do it mule style (just the emitters without reflectors), I believe a tri-LED in a stock SF head would be no problem :)

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone notice most of the current crop of AA lights are much bigger than those of 2 years ago. The Civictor V1 is the biggest that will fit into my jeans' pocket comfortably.
I am down to EDCing AAA lights. I only get out My Little Friends (3x3W or 3xSSC-P4) when I know I need light.

LEDcandle

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone notice most of the current crop of AA lights are much bigger than those of 2 years ago. The Civictor V1 is the biggest that will fit into my jeans' pocket comfortably.
I am down to EDCing AAA lights. I only get out My Little Friends (3x3W or 3xSSC-P4) when I know I need light.

I EDC a pouch even when in business shirt/pants (yeah, geeky, who cares...haha) so the length is just nice ;D

On casual days I'm in cargoes, so no problems either.

I guess for typical jeans, they might be a bit big!

Illum

Flashaholic
I carry the A2 and L4.....
A2 [not a trilux....but not a showerhead either]
L4 [not a trilux.....but equivalent of carrying 4 luxeon Is, does that count?]

I don't know of any quality multi luxeon lights [save nuwai] that comes budget....most stuff coming out of the custom section are way more than most of us can afford
EDIT: come to think of it.....elecktrolumens lights aren't bad and aren't too expensive either....aside from the many to choose from....I still look in awe of the ELX-12D

Last edited:

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
So, nothing really compact? I'd like a right-angle light like the SL Survivor, but with two C or D Li-Ions side-by-side and the head with emitters and reflectors on top of it, with a short clip behind the head, all forming a basically box-shaped unit. Give it a good heatsink and two or three well-spaced levels, and that'd be good times.

Enlightened
Well my EDC is now a P3D but previously it was a Dorcy Super 1 Watt with a single Luxeon. I only bring that up because our children were gifted a cheap 9 LED array light that would easily fit into a pocket. It uses 3xAAA cells in a holder and is probably no more than an inch across and 4 inches long. I was surprised at how much light it gave out, probably comparable to the Dorcy and with what appeared to be a better overall runtime. They boys took them on a caving trip and it was a good probably three hours into the trip before I had to swap out the batteries due to them getting noticably dimmer. The build quality is so/so, they do feel pretty light and appear to be made of Al; the threads are really rough screwing the tailcaps on and of and they are probably no more than splash resistant, I don't think I would try dunking them. The LEDs are a mixed bag. One of them has a definite bluish tint to the LEDs but the other one is a pretty nice white, whiter than he Luxeon on my Apex for instance. Like most close arrays they give a very even floody light with a diffuse spot. I know you said no showerhead, but considering the compact size I don't believe these should qualify as such. I don't think they cost more than $10 either so +1 for price there. I don't really EDC one but I think it would make a decent EDC light for a non-flashaholic.

mcmc

Flashlight Enthusiast
I used to EDC a Little Friend, in a leather holster made by Kazu. It wasn't too bad actually, having it on my belt, and didn't show much from the outside either. The runtime was a bit low so a bit of a hassle, but outdoors at night, wow.

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
So, nothing really compact?
I used to EDC a Little Friend, in a leather holster made by Kazu. It wasn't too bad actually, having it on my belt, and didn't show much from the outside either. The runtime was a bit low so a bit of a hassle, but outdoors at night, wow.
I have a pouch for My Little Friendthat looks the same as the one for my cell phone so it does not look out of place. Unfortunately Elektrolumens builds his lights like a tank and they weigh like a tank. Which is why I do not normally carry it.
The Little Friend is no longer in Production. Elektrolumens is now selling the FireLion (1x18650) which is probably the shortest multi-power LED today. All the others I came across seem to be 2x18650, 4(or more)xCR123A.

Last edited: