Anyone had a noma keychain light with touch sensor?

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was looking at this one in store, looks pretty neat, decently bright, and don't have to squeeze it all the time. Also there's a switch to toggle as momentary on or constant on. One thing I'm not sure is what battery life is like, and what type of battery does it use. (i.e. is it avaliable from dollar store, really don't want to pay $4 each at walmart)

It's only ten bucks too.

0652109_450_CC_61e13.jpg

http://www.canadiantire.ca/browse/product_detail.jsp?FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=1408474396673791&PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524443295580&bmUID=1192107217564&assortment=primary&fromSearch=true

Or the one from garrity, what battery does it use?

0652178_450_CC_57ab9.jpg

Marduke

Flashaholic
That touch light looks like seconds of the one Garrity produces, which looks identical. If they are the same, they are sold at Walmart for $6 and use CR3032 batteries. The bottom light I think uses CR2016 or CR2032, and seconds can also be found at many dollar stores. For the smaller size and using the same batteries, the fauxtons seems to put out more, whiter light than the bottom one.

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yep that's pretty much the same thing. But I live in canuk land and everything is more expensive. :(

If it use 2032 too they I'll pick one up, because they are three for a dollar at dollar store, otherwise they are $3ish each :eek: I'll check walmart to see if they have it.

swxb12

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd recommend buying the 10-for-$5 fauxtons from Kai/DX/QCG etc. They were just as bright as my 1-led Garrity and the beams were less blue. Take up less space compared to the long and boxy Garrity as well. The Garrity lights can be found in some dollar stores, unbranded. They are all from a factory in China that sells the lights often to vendors that brand the lights for retail or corporate logo sales.

If it has to be store-bought, the Garrity 1-leds are still pretty decent. Pretty powerful.

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Question about the DX fauxton, does it have a switch like the garrity does, or you have to squeeze the whole casing? I have the dollar store version of fauxton and after a very short time my fingers get sore squeezing the casing.

john46268

Newly Enlightened
It has three positions... one is off... two is on during touch only... three is touch on and touch off.

Enjoy this little delight!

:)

Last edited: