SureFire chooses Seoul Semiconductor

deeuubee

Newly Enlightened
"Seoul Semiconductor is to supply its Z-power P4 LED series to SureFire, a designer and manufacturer of compact, high-performance illumination tools. SureFire, based in Fountain Valley, California, began incorporating Seoul Semiconductor's LED technology into its SureFire 2.5 W flashlight this month. "

Any body know more about this?

BigD64

Enlightened
Another Surefire heads up. My source says that they will be discontinuing the L4 so get them while they're hot.

BigD64

scott.cr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the links!

Surefire must sell a huge number of lights in order for the semiconductor companies to be sending out press releases on a deal like this. The company I work for recently purchased (what I thought was a huge) quantity of RF devices (transistors) from SungSan in Korea... didn't see any press releases on that, and these RF devices are like $250 a pop. We buy 'em by the 10,000.

Brozneo

Enlightened
I think they will bring another 'L4' to the table but with either a Cree or a Seoul which don't really have the same floodyness as a Lux5 therefore the 'wall of light' may reduce somewhat... My thoughts anywayz!

flashfan

Flashlight Enthusiast
My hope is that SF will offer upgrades for those with existing L4s, and at a reasonable price. IIRC, someone is already doing such upgrades for the Gladius.

Windscale

Enlightened
Nothing wrong with discontinuing the L4. I sold mine long ago. It sucked batteries. Yes you have the infamous Wall of Light. But the wall disintegrates pretty soon!