Tri-rebel star light

Dangerboy

Newly Enlightened
Has anyone played with these tri-rebel stars yet:
http://www.leds.de/product_info.php?info=p421_Triple-Rebel-LXML-PWC1-0100--white--540lm.html

I've got an nflex and a selectable voltage (up to 14V) battery pack waiting.

I was thinking of making a bike light from them- big heatsink, remote housing for the nflex.

Will I be OK with the driver and power supply I've got?
Any thoughts on reflectors and how to wire one up would be much appreciated.
Thanks,
Adam

daywalker

Newly Enlightened
I have tried this layout of rebels with three drivers(one for every rebel) in a mag host. You do not get a very nice beam, but a very bright and floody light with some rings in the beam. I used some old 800mAh drivers from dealextreme and a custom heatsink in a 2C cell light.
If you can find a reflector that suits this layout, you will get a very nice thing.

Paul5M

Newly Enlightened
Has anyone played with these tri-rebel stars yet:
http://www.leds.de/product_info.php?info=p421_Triple-Rebel-LXML-PWC1-0100--white--540lm.html

I've got an nflex and a selectable voltage (up to 14V) battery pack waiting.

I was thinking of making a bike light from them- big heatsink, remote housing for the nflex.

Will I be OK with the driver and power supply I've got?
Any thoughts on reflectors and how to wire one up would be much appreciated.
Thanks,
Adam

Yes, for min power.
- Your driver can't handle 3 LEDs in parallel.
- If you want max power with your driver from start to finish, you'll need at least 18V battery pack for 3 LEDs in series.

Dangerboy

Newly Enlightened
Paul5M-
Thanks. I was planning on using XR-Es instead but thought this might be a more elegant solution.
Have had 4 XR-Es running from the battery and driver (albeit for a very short time as they were only on stars and not heatsinked), so I think that 3 Rebels should be OK.

Daywalker- did you use one of the off-the-shelf 3-rebel stars, or make something yourself?

daywalker

Newly Enlightened
I had some rebels laying around and ordered an original PCB and mounted the rebels by myself.

Paul5M-
Thanks. I was planning on using XR-Es instead but thought this might be a more elegant solution.
Have had 4 XR-Es running from the battery and driver (albeit for a very short time as they were only on stars and not heatsinked), so I think that 3 Rebels should be OK.

Daywalker- did you use one of the off-the-shelf 3-rebel stars, or make something yourself?