The Thrill Of Acquisition

D

**DONOTDELETE**

That's what it seems to be all about for me lately. Researching "which light is next" on the web and forums, ordering it, peering down the road daily for that red-white-blue, or sometimes Brown, truck. Getting to know the delivery guy(s) on a first-name basis (hey, another you-know-you're-a-flashoholic qualifier!).

And then

playing with it, realizing you have absolutely no need for it ("WHY in the world did I get this thing? Now I'm out $65 [or whatever] bucks!"), and then SELLING it for a loss!

*Keep watching the Buy/Sell space for my latest dumps!

But hey, it makes the economy go 'round, don't it?

Okay, now to decide which light next...

Grummond

Newly Enlightened
I know what you mean about waiting for the post man.
Sometimes if I'm expecting a flashlight from the US and I have to be at work at 10 in the morning I've found myself riding round the neighbourhood looking for him.
The postmen over here are easy to spot as they all have yellow cycles and red jacket and seeing as their bikes are loaded with about 30 kilos of mail they are easy to catch and intercept.

I feel a bit sorry for him really, he's trying to do his job and earn a living like the rest of us and there's the local village idiot on a mountain bike with a glazed expression frantically trying to chase after him to get his parcel.

I actually have an order on the way at the moment from TTS but the thing is it's a bank holiday so the "postman stalking" is going to have to wait until Tuesday.

I'm just waiting for a court restraining order warning me to stay at least 400 yrds away from the postman.

The worst thing is my Danish is not to good and by the time I catch him I'm already a little out of breath from cycling at warp speed so as not to be late for work and I have to start gesticulating and speaking a kind of mixture of Danish and English, "Danglish".
tongue.gif

Usually at this stage he looks in his bag and says "Nej" I then try to act nonchalant about it force a smile and say "it's no worries, I just saw you in passing and thought I'd ask".
Despite my best efforts to hide my disappointment, I know I look as though I've just swallowed a wasp!
blush.gif

Actually most of my orders from the US are through Texas Tactical Supply, I ordered an Arc aaa from William a while ago and it only took 4 days to get here!
shocked.gif

He couldn't have got it here much quicker if he stuffed it in his pocket, got a taxi to the airport and boarded the next flight to Copenhagen.
Grummond.
grin.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Ha! Ha! Thanks for the little insight into the daily postal tribulations in the life of a flashoholic in Denmark!

tygger

Enlightened
right after you order another light, life seems somehow incomplete until the delivery arrives. the worst is trying to "act normal" when the delivery person asks you to sign for the package. they must always think i've had way too much coffee or something. oh well, off to check my UPS tracking number for the 100th time today.....

Klaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bad news for Grummond
frown.gif

Today is Sunday - the bank holiday is tomorow

Klaus