New 3 LED lights

flange938

Newly Enlightened
I find the new,factory, 3Xcree, or SSC lights interesting.Can anybody
start a list ? I've ordered one from Dx and Kai and anticipate their arrival.
Is the Solarforce different from the MX Power ? Are the $200 ones really
worth 4 times as much ? Are some of them junk ? How do they stack up
against 500 lumen incans ? What is the one that uses 3 18650's ? Many of my questions will have to wait until some of these lights actually become available, of course. At the least it appears we have a new collecting niche.

Khaytsus

Enlightened
I find the new,factory, 3Xcree, or SSC lights interesting.Can anybody
start a list ? I've ordered one from Dx and Kai and anticipate their arrival.
Is the Solarforce different from the MX Power ? Are the $200 ones really
worth 4 times as much ? Are some of them junk ? How do they stack up
against 500 lumen incans ? What is the one that uses 3 18650's ? Many of my questions will have to wait until some of these lights actually become available, of course. At the least it appears we have a new collecting niche.

I'm sure they will be nowhere near 500 lumens, poor quality, shoddy electronics and works, bad switches...

Just what you expect!

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
If I was spending $200, I would get the Firelion 3AA from Elektrolumens and run it off Eneloops. No worries about taking extra care of multiple lithium ion batteries to avoid an explosion.
It has a floody beam which I find very useful (in My Little Friends also from Elektrolumens).

The Cree P3 bin produces ~167 lumens at 1000 mA. 3 will produce ~501 lumens at the LED or 300+ lumens out front. Since the 3xCree lights are more recent with better LEDs I expect up to 600 lumens at the LED or 400 lumens out front.

Last edited:

jasonsmaglites

Enlightened
i love my solarforce.
i do worry about the lithium batteries although if i was ignorant i would have no reason to i'm sure.

flange938

Newly Enlightened
You may be right about the quality, but I've been happy with previous Ultraforce lights. I'm probably not going to use these that hard.

Latest posts