Inova X1 aint werking

DELLED

Newly Enlightened
I went to use my Inova X1 (2nd gen) and it doesn't work. Swapped batteries and everything but not even a faint glimmer of light. I did drop it a while back but I am pretty sure it worked after that. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe the LED broke. :) J.K.

If you're not able to fix it let me know

Last edited:

DELLED

Newly Enlightened
Is there a board or any other electronics on board that may have broken? I forget if its regulated or not.

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's possible. You have to use the freeze and pop method to disassemble this light.

elgarak

Flashlight Enthusiast
All the Inova lights have a very small contact area at the tailcap and are suceptible to dirt. Take off the tailcap and clean the very end of the battery compartment and the metal disc you see inside of the tailcap. Paper towel and rubbing alcohol works. If this ain't help, we'll have to find something else.

DELLED

Newly Enlightened
The tail cap is clean. Is it possible the flat metal contact got bent such that the battery can't make good contact? It looks a bit concave.

Marduke

Flashaholic
Quick check to see if the tailcap is the culprit, just short out between the back of the battery and the back edge of the body with a piece of metal, such as a paperclip or knife blade.

DELLED

Newly Enlightened
Quick check to see if the tailcap is the culprit, just short out between the back of the battery and the back edge of the body with a piece of metal, such as a paperclip or knife blade.

I can get the light to come on if i shunt with a piece of metal.

DELLED

Newly Enlightened
I was testing the cap by screwing it down all the way and back up and it actually came on once.

Question: the tail cap works by making contact with the neg end and the machined end of the flashlight body at the same time?

DELLED

Newly Enlightened
Okay, I accidentaly dropped the tail cap on the tile floor and then put it on the light and now it werks:shrug:

Not sure what that means. I guess it means "drop the cap" if the light doesn't come on.:sigh::thinking:

Marduke

Flashaholic
Question: the tail cap works by making contact with the neg end and the machined end of the flashlight body at the same time?

correct. It should be constant on when it's screwed all the way down. My guess would be that it was screwed down too far and the flat contact area inside the tailcap is now bent in some way.

DELLED

Newly Enlightened
Well its working sporadiclly now.

Will they send me a new TC even if is been over 6 months year since I bought it?

Marduke

Flashaholic
Well its working sporadiclly now.

Will they send me a new TC even if is been over 6 months year since I bought it?

Most likely. They will need to know the generation and color to match it. Their "silver" color is different between the different generations.

DELLED

Newly Enlightened
Most likely. They will need to know the generation and color to match it. Their "silver" color is different between the different generations.

I've actually got the black one. Thanks for all the help.