• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: *SOLD* SL60 kits - WA1160 in an SL-20X *SOLD*

js

Flashlight Enthusiast
***ALL SOLD***

These are drop-in lamp assemblies for the StreamLight SL-20X and 35X lights that are made from Carley 1940 reflectors and Welch Allyn 1160 lamps. Each kit consists of one reflector and one or two ring-potted lamps (including the one installed in the reflector).

These lamp assemblies use ring-potted Welch-Allyn lamps; they will not accept bare bi-pin lamps, or PR-base lamps. Below is a picture of a couple ring-potted lamps:

fixture_ring3.jpg

And here is a picture of one of the ring-potted lamps installed in the modified Carley 1940 reflector to make a complete lamp assembly:

fixture_ring4.jpg

This scheme allows for the replacement of a burnt out lamp in a Lamp Assembly (LA) without having to throw out the reflector along with the lamp. It also allows the end-user to choose the degree of focus by loosening the set screw and adjusting the position of the ring-potted lamp in the bore. However, note that each kit will come with a lamp pre-installed and focused in the reflector, ready to use. Note that the color of the dot on the back of the potting identifies the type of WA lamp. 1160's have a yellow dot, 1185's red; 1111's blue, and 1274's green.

If you want to know more about how I pot the lamps into the fixture-rings, please see my Fixture-ring lamp potting thread.

Each ring-potted 1160 lamp costs $10

and each 1940 reflector costs $15.

Thus, an order without a spare 1160 will come to $25, not including shipping, while an order with one 1160 installed, and one spare 1160 will come to $35, not including shipping.

A fit o-ring, allen wrench, and detailed instructions will automatically be included in every kit.

Standard shipping for orders will be via USPS priority mail with NO delivery confirmation or insurance, and will cost $6. However, I will probably be able to accommodate special shipping requests, including shipping outside of the USA. Please contact me for such special requests and we can work out a shipping cost.

****I only have 8 of these kits.****

Thus, each order is limited to ONE reflector and one or two lamps. I have 6 smooth reflectors and 2 medium orange peel (MOP). However, NotRegulated has already spoken for one of the MOP's. So there is only one MOP unspoken for. That said, rest assured that there isn't that much difference between the two beams. The smooth has a little more throw and a few more artifacts, and the MOP has a little less throw and a few less artificants. If you'd be happy with one, you'd be happy with the other. They're not all that different.

Only post here if you want to commit to order. Please post questions in either the Phaserburn thread link above, or in the SL-20X thread currently in the incan forum.

First come, first serve, based on posts to this thread and not any other thread or PM's or emails. I will be PM'ing those who have contacted me about this mod to tell them to post here.

I accept PayPal to *address removed*. PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR CPF NAME SOMEWHERE IN THE PAYPAL PAYMENT

Or you can mail me a check or money order. Please PM or email me for my address if you'd like to send me a check or money order. Also, again, please don't forget to include your CPF name somewhere on the check or note sent with the check.

Please note that the 1160 will melt the stock lexan lens. I suggest www.flashlightlens.com 's 55 mm shock isolated lens as the best replacement.

Also, some stock battery packs will not be up to the task of delivering 4 amps of current. You may need to upgrade your battery pack if this is the case. However, all the stock packs that I've seen have been able to do an adequate job of driving this lamp. For a pack upgrade, I recommend www.batterieswholesale.com 's maglight replacement pack. It's the 5 cell 1/2D NiMH pack at the bottom of the page of 5 cell, 6.0 volt packs. Unfortunately, right now, online ordering from the website is still down.

Please rest assured that I will continue to support these mods out in the field. If you blow a lamp and don't have a spare, I will make one for you ASAP. I have a thread specifically for ordering spare ring-potted lamps, and will bump it to the top in the next week or so, but you can just send me a PM or email and need not go through an order thread if you just need a spare lamp. (I'm talking about the FUTURE here, however! And I'm talking about reasonable requests, not someone wanting to resell or speculate or something.)

For even more information on this mod, please see Phaserburn's hilariously titled Make Your SL-20X Un-Suck – KILLER Mod! thread. (Also in my sigline).

Thanks!

Last edited:

NotRegulated

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: SL60 kits - WA1160 in an SL-20X

I would like to order 1 Carley 1940 MOP reflector and two Welch Allyn 1160 lamps. $35. Shipping $6.

Paypal sent for $41.

Thank you JS. I'm looking forward to breathing new life into my SL20.

Last edited:

Deep6Osama

Enlightened

I will take

1 Mop Reflector Kit

PayPal sent!

Last edited:

crazeeman13

Newly Enlightened

I will take one smooth reflector and 2 bulbs please.

County

Newly Enlightened

I'm in!

1 smooth Carley 1940 reflector = $15
2 potted 1160s = $20

Shipping @ $6, total = $41.00

Had originally wanted 2 kits, but in playing by the rules and in the interest of sharing, I'll just get the one. Let us know Jim if you feel inclined to make more! It seems like the interest is there.

Paypal on the way.

Walt175

Enlightened

1 reflector = $15
2 potted bulbs = $20
shipping = $6
----------------------
total $41

:paypal:

js

Flashlight Enthusiast

I was asked about insurance, so just in case anyone else wants insurance, within USA it is just an extra $1, as is delivery confirmation.

Also, please remember, each order is limited to no more than 1 reflector and 1 or 2 lamps.

So far I have received PayPal payments from NotRegulated, County, Deep6Osama, and Walt.

I currently have 3 kits left for sale.

Thanks everyone!

Last edited:

Enlightened

I'll take a kit! Transfering some money into my paypal account. Will paypal tomorrow afternoon if that's okay.

crazeeman13

Newly Enlightened

Paypal sent plus shipping and ins. ($42.00) Thanks!

js

Flashlight Enthusiast

OK. No problem! PP tomorrow afternoon is fine.

crazeeman13,

Got your PP payment.

County,

No problem on the changes to s/h. Got PP payment.

OK. So I now have 2 kits left for sale.

PhDnME

Newly Enlightened

I'll take a kit... paypal on its way....

js

Flashlight Enthusiast

NotRegulated, County, and Walt175,

I just finished packing up your orders and will mail them out tomorrow.

Got your PP. Thanks.

PhDnME,

Got your PP also. Thanks.

OK. So there is only 1 kit left at this point.

Supernam

Enlightened

Geez, the one weekend that I have to work and not get to browse CPF, I miss this.:scowl:

js

Flashlight Enthusiast

Optik49,

Got your PP. Thanks.

I will be potting more lamps tonight and should be able to have all remaining orders shipped by Friday. I will be shipping in the order that PP payments were received and will post updates here to this thread.

Everyone,

OK, that's all of the kits. I will, however, do more of these at some point. How soon will depend on how soon Carley can deliver more reflectors to me--and remember that I can't use the CPF 1940's floating around, as they are cut to fit a mag, with a larger bore. Anyway, it might be as long as 3 months before I can do another run of these. Sorry, Supernam and anyone else who missed out. Honestly, I thought for sure that 8 kits would be enough to supply the demand. I was expecting to have one or two left over so I could use the 1940's for more TigerLight mods. No problem, though. I still will be able to offer up three regulated Tiger11's for sale before Christmas.

County

Newly Enlightened

Kit arrived today and it's awesome. Am very impressed with the workmanship, and even the packaging was first class! Thanks JS!! Talk about breathing new life into the SL-series!! I installed it in an older SL-20 that I recently refurbished (new plug assembly, new switch, cleaned out the corrosion from previous battery leak, etc.). Am running a 3500mAh NiMH + dimmer tailcap, & flashlightlens.com 55mm shock isolated lens. The throw & brightness is so much better than the SL-35X bulb I was using.

Last edited:

NotRegulated

Flashlight Enthusiast
County,
I have an old SL-20 also and I just got my SL60 bulb for it from JS.

How did you clean out the battery tube? I have some corrosion and white powdery battery"dust" inside and can't seem to get in there to clean it out. The light works fine but needs an overhaul for my new bulb.

js

Flashlight Enthusiast
County,

Excellent! Glad to hear it! Let me ask you: did the instructions on how to use the fit o-ring make sense? Any issues on how to install the fit o-ring? Also did what I said about SI UCL and removing bezel o-ring make sense?

NotRegulated,

If it were me, I'd remove the switch-core from the top of the tube, leaving me with an open tube that I could clean with a bottle brush type setup or cloth on a stick or whatever. Then, with the switch-core out, you can easily clean the positive contact. Or, better yet, you can just replace the switch-core. www.brightguy.com sells spare switch-cores for the SL-20X and they aren't very expensive. Then clean the negative contact spring and mating points in one of the usual ways.

Make sense? As for removing the switch-core, IIRC there is a screw that you remove/access from the top end of the body. It should be a pretty straight-forward process, I think.

js

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh, and I should mention that barring unforseen complications or disasters, the rest of the orders will go out on Friday (tomorrow).