WOW! Fenix L1D - sunshine from a single AA!!!

MikeLip

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just stopped at Brightguy and picked one of these little puppies up because of the single-AA roundup results. WOW! I had no idea you could get that much light out of a single AA cell! In my office, the beam looks about as bright as the P1D Q5. Of course that's probab;ly not so, and a test outdoors tonight will settle it. But wow! If you want a great single AA light, this might just be it! I now have three lights in my pocket - a Fenix L1D and P1D Q5 and an Olight T20 Q5. I can't leave home without 'em!

While I was there I talked to Greg and he showed me a Wiseled Tactical. Holy cow! That thing is almost bright enough! :)

Jayman

Newly Enlightened
I can't wait to get my L1D body to use with my P2D100 rebel head. Should easily produce 100 lumens. I've got some Sanyo eneloops on the way too, so I can have "guilt free lumens". :grin2:

light_emitting_dude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Put a 14500 battery in it and you will really be impressed. I have been tempted to make a trip to brightguy also. I must resist tho. :green:

MikeLip

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh, thanks - another project. :) Go! You'll have fun. They're nice people. Usually pretty busy though. If they have time they'll show you lots of toys!

light_emitting_dude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah I plan to sometime. Working regular business hours makes it difficult tho. I have bought several lights from BG and once had to make a return. They took very good care of me.

With a 14500 battery in the L1d cree you lose low mode and only get turbo and strobe but it is a pretty big difference. That is my EDC light at work.

Last edited: