Modding and ARC AAA?

acourvil

Enlightened
I'm thinking of trying to mod an ARC AAA to a brighter emitter with better color (not so blue). If I could do it in the very limited space available, I'd also like to make it work with a 10440, but I'm not sure if that is really feasible. Any hints/suggestions? I've done a few other mods, but nothing that small.

I did try searching, but wasn't able to find the appropriate thread; there are so many threads on ARC AAAs that I wasn't able to find good combination of search terms that showed me what I wanted.

Last edited:

M_R

Enlightened
There are two recent moders that have done this type of mod (LEDASAP used to do stuff in a single output mode and I'm sure there are others out there). CPF user Millermods designs his own drivers if I'm not mistaken and mostly operate of primary cells(I've never dealt with him personally) and my all time favorite ARC AAA mod done by user Chimo. He installs a flupic driver running at about 500 ma of a Li-ion, polishes and reforms the reflector and does excellent work. Chimo is a great guy to deal with however I don't think he does these mods at an add hoc basis. You may however want to do a search on his user name and arc AAA as I am pretty sure he documented his builds with pictures and all.

Best of luck,

Matthew

BTW,I would recoment a cree emmiter for this type of mod as they use a glass dome wich is more resistant to scratches and scuffs than Luxeons an SSC's.

acourvil

Enlightened
Thanks, that was just what I needed to get started. I found a bunch of threads with good info, and this one and this one look especially helpful.

. . . my all time favorite ARC AAA mod done by user Chimo. He installs a flupic driver running at about 500 ma of a Li-ion, polishes and reforms the reflector and does excellent work. Chimo is a great guy to deal with however I don't think he does these mods at an add hoc basis. You may however want to do a search on his user name and arc AAA as I am pretty sure he documented his builds with pictures and all.