SureFire L1 , 2nd generation

Riddick

Newly Enlightened
Quick Question

I have really fell in love with this light. And I feel this is really a fine piece of workmanship

Anyway to the question

Its advertised as 1.1 lumens on low and 22 lumens on high, but after going over Quickbeams numbers and known and advertised lumen values for other lights and doing the math (Doug's output numbers ratio with lumen values seems to work out to about 28 lumens, roughly) this seems to be in line with SureFire's understating the lumen value.

Does this seem correct 1.1 and 22 (which is really1.1 and 28 lumens) ?

Thanks,
Riddick

I do not have a meter to measure the output

Thanks,
Riddick

Last edited:

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Not sure if thats correct on not but you could never see a 6lm difference with your eyes anyways

Riddick

Newly Enlightened
Your right ! In no way could I tell the difference, I was just interested in how bright this light really is.

Thanks

scottaw

Enlightened
It's a pretty bright light, to use low outdoors, it's so low you need to let your eyes dark adjust first, and high beam outdoors is a nice even light everywhere you point it. Very nice and floody.

Brozneo

Enlightened
I personally find the 1.1 lumens on the L1 2nd Gen very bright! I'd compare it to the hot spot of the Cree L1 but without the side spill.... SF has definately been under rating those lumens!

Riddick

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone have a guess at a number?

3lm on low and 35lm on high or is it really1.1lm and 22lm

Can someone give me guess?

NA8

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anyone have a guess at a number?

3lm on low and 35lm on high or is it really1.1lm and 22lm

Can someone give me guess?

Even if someone else's is 50 lumens, your's might only be 22 lumens. That's the deal as I read it.

Riddick

Newly Enlightened
Well do you all think brighter than 22 lumens on high?

I only have access to a computer once a week. Long story

aggiegrads

Newly Enlightened
There are differences from die-to-die, even for LEDs in the same bin and production run. My understanding is that Surefire guarantees 22 lumens, which means that most lights will probably exceed that by a small margin.

I have 2 L1s and have to say, it is my favorite light.

-Steven