Fenix P1D CE - clip?

Jager

Newly Enlightened
Hello all, my first post and I already have a question :grin2:

I am a Spyderco knife collector and after seeing a few "Show me your EDC" threads it got me interested in small light for EDC as well.

Well, tonight i ordered the P1D CE because its tiny and really bright..

I saw that some other fenix lights have tiny clips on them for pocket carry. I am most likely going to carry this light on my keychain but when i dont drive i'd like to have the light with me and a clip would be helpful.

Is there any universal clips that could fit on this light?

Gunner12

Flashaholic
The only Fenix lights I know of that have clips are the AAA versions. There are a few clips that can handle the diameter but they are too long for the P1D-CE.

:welcome:

NotRegulated

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome to CPF Jager! The P1D is a great choice for EDC.

I also have a P1D and just clip it to my keychain. I do not know of any clips for this light. I find that it fairly unnoticable by just dropping into a front pants pocket.

JamisonM

Enlightened
bump! guess its not do-able huh :wave:
I wouldn't say that. You can always buy a clip and screws. Once you have those you'll have to drill and tap your holes and you'll have a what you want. You can also find pocket clips at knife maker supply stores as well as other places so look around until you find something you like.

Another option is to make one yourself. I did just that for my L2D-CE. I couldn't find one for it and didn't want to drill holes into it so I fashioned one from something I had laying around the house. It's crude, I admit it, but it's very effective. I can put it on however I wish and it is just as secure if not more so then one that's screwed on. The link's in my signature.

The best thing about making your own means you can, well, make it however you want to and the way I did it was just one way. One idea I had was to carry this light like I used to carry my pocket watch years back. Unusual I know (it really is I'm brainstorming), but since this light is so small I think it could work. Get yourself a pocket watch chain for your belt loop and a couple of these. Put one on your key chain and the other on the pocket watch chain and you'll be able to switch back and forth as needed. As an added bonus, you'll have extra coupler for another light.
Ok, that's not unusual; that's just weird.