Garrity 3 "AAA" cell flashlite

Is Garrity a good product and if so, how does it rank?

• How does Garrity rank compared to other flashlites?

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • What about when it gets dropped and kicked around?

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters

Robt

Newly Enlightened
Hi guys, haven't been here at the website for quite a while. The latest flashlite I bought is a Garrity. It's 4 1/2 long and takes 3 "AAA" cells and has a colliminating lens. I bought it at Rite Aid for $16.95. I wonder if Garrity's flashlights are made here in USA or are they made in China. It doesn't say anywhere on the blister pack it came in. On the bottom end there is a button type switch and the address is printed on that end. There's a cord on the switch end and a cool velcro pouch and 2 coloured filters (blue and red) that snap on the lens end. When shining the light on a wall it appears to have the "moon" like appearance like my shake light but MUCH brighter! So, is Garrity products made "here" in the US of A, or in China? (can't be china, cause this light looks well made).. come on guys, I like to hear from feed back! thanks again... Robert.

Marduke

Flashaholic
Just noticed your pole questions aren't really pole questions. How do you make a multiple choice selection between several independents questions?

Lobo

Flashlight Enthusiast
So, is Garrity products made "here" in the US of A, or in China? (can't be china, cause this light looks well made)

I dont think you guys over the pond realize that in the rest of the world, "Made in USA" is not necessary associated with good quality...
And for the constant China bashing here on the forums, the same thing was said about Japan(and I guess there aint that much doubt about who can maintain the highest quality in a car assembly line anymore) a couple of decades ago. The quality of a product doesnt depend on whether it's made in China or not, they can make some really high tech stuff(just look at 99% of your computerparts) and also some very cheap crap, it depends on the manufacturer,their QC, what market they are aiming for etc. Same goes with "Made in the US"-products.

kjk200

Newly Enlightened
I don't know where they are made, but that exact flashlight got me hooked on the high powered led's. I originally bought it for hunting(because of the filters)and I was really impressed with it. Then I bought an ultrafire 502-b. It is an incondicent, but it blows the Garrity out of the water. Now, I want to get an led upgrade module for the 502, bease i want it to be even brighter and longer running.

All in all, I still really like the Garrity especially for the price! It is very well built and solid.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
It is probably made in China.

For $16, you could have brought a brighter Cree/Seoul/Rebel light(like this one or this one) at Dealextreme or Kaidomain. But then there is also the 2week to a month waiting time.

Cree XR-E(P4-Q5 bin), Seoul P4, and Rebel 100 LEDs are twice or more the efficiency of the Luxeon I, III, V and K2 LEDs.

There are quite a few Chinese lights here that have good quality. For example, many have said Dereelight has similar quality as Surefire. China has many bad products because the company that manufacture there are cheap, not because of the country itself.

Welcome back!

Last edited: