Best Quality LED Lights

Numbers

Enlightened
I am interested in knowing which manufacturers make the best quality pocketable/holsterable LED flashlights regardless of intended use or cost.
We dont need another SF versus the "others" thread. So please lets not even mention them again in this one (I hope no one is offended if I take for granted that they are at least among the best). Who are the others. Just the manufacturers name please, additional comments are not necessary. I will do the research once I know where to look. I dont buy a lot of lights so I want to find out - If money were no object who has the best quality?

maxilux

Enlightened
I think Tiablo is on the way to the top, in my opinion the Pelican 7060 is a very great light.

BSCOTT1504

Enlightened
If money is no object you need to look into one of McGizmo's lights!! Certainly one of the best, if not the best custom lights. You can usually find one for sale in the marketplace.

Daylo

Newly Enlightened
Surefire is undoubtedly the highest quality light in my mind. If the stuff hit the fan and I really had to depend on a light, I would select no other. If you're on a budget go with Inova, they're built like tanks and also have a lifetime warranty. An added bonus is the fact that both brands are assembled in the good ol' USA.

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast
"Regardless of Use or Cost" kinda makes this a runaway train, don'tcha think?? I mean, just about any manufacturer could have a "best" rating in SOME area..

Steve L

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lumapower, Tiablo, NovaTac, and Dereelight to name a few.

Last edited:

Numbers

Enlightened
AC,
I take your meaning, but I dont want to make more out of this than is there. I am looking for alternatives and am simply interested in manufacturers who in your opinion produce high overall quality. If there is a specific model that a manufacturer makes that is better than their other stuff, I would like to hear about that to. I add the criteria that money is no object because it is often what the discussion centers around. So my question remains, if money is no object what (pocketable or holsterable LED) manufacturer or light would you buy?

bondr006

Flashlight Enthusiast
For production lights I would buy Surefire, Novatac, Wolf Eyes, Lumapower, and Tiablo. For non production lights it would be McGizmo and lights modded by milkyspit.

cmichael

Newly Enlightened
I am interested in knowing which manufacturers make the best quality pocketable/holsterable LED flashlights regardless of intended use or cost.
We dont need another SF versus the "others" thread. So please lets not even mention them again in this one (I hope no one is offended if I take for granted that they are at least among the best). Who are the others. Just the manufacturers name please, additional comments are not necessary. I will do the research once I know where to look. I dont buy a lot of lights so I want to find out - If money were no object who has the best quality?

Tiablo A9

Specifications:
Cree 7090 XR-E LED Q5 WC bin - as good as it gets!
Step down constant current driver, High efficiency with dual mode DC-DC regulator (PWM / PFM), working voltage is 2.7V to 10V. Replace battery when the light is too dim.
Two stage output. High output: 1A at maximum 256 Lumens for about 3.5 hours Low output: 300mA at 60 Lumens for 8 hours (runtimes based on Li-Ion 18650 battery)
42 mm diameter x 33 mm deep reflector provides greater efficient illumination over longer distances.
Supports three sizes battery, one 18650 Li-ion battery, two pcs CR123A or RCR123A battery.
Type-III hard anodize. Aircraft aluminum T7075.
Water proof to 5m/15ft.
Toughened ultra clear glass lens with AR coating.
Tactical clicky switch: Low-High-Off.
Length 158mm, Head diameter: 45mm, Weight: 155g(battery excluded)
Will stand in candle-mode.
Anti-roll ring makes it safer to put on desk or table.

Hodsta

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK - here would be my reading list;

McGizmo
HDS (the soon to be 120 or modded older versions)
Tranquility Base
Mr Bulk
Arc
ArcMania (Mike Jordan)

Mac & Milky also put together some highly original and interesting mods and as others have pointed out are well worth checking out.

......and for my money the best volume production model the Novatac 120P.

EDIT: Oooops forgot Orb (Lummi) & Modamag for the very little lights

Last edited:

LED_Thrift

Flashlight Enthusiast
Peak - great build quality and you can call them and choose the output/runtime combo you want along with battery options.

Milkyspit can make you a great custom light.

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

This is an easy one,
all the people who didn't say Dereelight, don't have one.

just a guess....

Last edited:

Numbers

Enlightened
Well, I have some reasearch to do on names I was already aware of and now on some I had never even heard of before (Tranquility Base and Cool Fall).
Please continue with your suggestions.

Numbers

Enlightened
Thank you all,
I guess my informal survey is over.
Tiablo was mentioned 5 times, Dereelight 4 times, 3 others twice. Nine others once. I will check them out.

MikeLip

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tiablo
Peak
Novatac

I have a Dereelight coming - I'll opine on it when it shows up. Fastcar is sort of having a cow over his, so I'm expecting a lot! :)