Q5 vs RB100 L2D premium

Dark Light

Newly Enlightened
Im about to order an L2D and im not sure which of these two to get. I see the Q5 is slightly brighter, but other than that is there an big difference?

Stereodude

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you want to run in turbo for long periods of the time I think the Q5 is probably a better bet. The Rebel changes tint over drive current probably a little more than the Cree. Other than that probably not.

Patriot

Flashaholic
For the small difference in price I think the Q5 is a better LED. The tint is really, really, nice. The Rebel tint...it's nice as long as it's driven hard. The Q5 seems to be more flexible for variable output levels.

Valpo Hawkeye

Flashlight Enthusiast
For the small difference in price I think the Q5 is a better LED. The tint is really, really, nice. The Rebel tint...it's nice as long as it's driven hard. The Q5 seems to be more flexible for variable output levels.

In my experience, the rebel's have a warmer, though very pleasing, tint. My L2T RB80 is very nice in both high and low. My Q5 has a cooler tint, and is just a touch green, though nothing bad and only noticable on low.

m13a8

Newly Enlightened
I have no experience with the Rebel version, but I can definitely say that the L2D-CE is an excellent light.

jasonsmaglites

Enlightened
i have the l2d ce.
i just bought the q5 and the r100.
so in about two weeks expect a review comparing all three.

berto

Newly Enlightened
I used to be cree guy but there is just no compairson the rebel beats the cree in beam quality,tint ,lower vf. I think alot of people that say the cree is better just don't have a rebel to compare it to.

Flashlight Enthusiast
kind of hate the fact that he keeps coming out with newer ones becuase i keep buying them, i could either send mine in to be upgraded or buy a new one which is around the same price.

Stereodude

Flashlight Enthusiast
kind of hate the fact that he keeps coming out with newer ones becuase i keep buying them, i could either send mine in to be upgraded or buy a new one which is around the same price.
Quick... You'd better hide. :whistle: He's coming for you! :eek:oo: You figured out his business model. :wave:

Flashlight Enthusiast
in the year i have been on this site i have bought 8 or so fenix light, i just see a new one and have to have it, no complaints except my wallet is to dry since i joined.

Flashlight Enthusiast
He now also has the new Q5 in olive green, now i cant choose wether to get the green or black

Flashlight Enthusiast
thats exactly what i did last night, got the green version P3d Q5 and the black Q5 l2d