Incorrect specifications regarding some SF flashlights?

Sharpy_swe

Enlightened
Was reading the specifications regarding some of the SF flashlights and saw something strange?!

G2L
Max Output: 80 Lumens
Runtime: 12 Hours
Battery: Two 123A lithiums

6PL
Max Output: 80 lumens
Runtime: 11 hours

E2L Outdoorsman
Max Output: 45 lumens
Runtime: 14 hours

[FONT=&quot]Is this really correct?

[/FONT]

Spence

Enlightened
Was reading the specifications regarding some of the SF flashlights and saw something strange?!

G2L
Max Output: 80 Lumens
Runtime: 12 Hours

6PL
Max Output: 80 lumens
Runtime: 11 hours

E2L Outdoorsman
Max Output: 45 lumens
Runtime: 14 hours

[FONT=&quot]Is this really correct?[/FONT]

If those run times are true and accurate then I lnow what my next flashlights will be!

:paypal: :oops:

Carpenter

Enlightened
SureFire normally gives you worse cases when putting numbers next to things like lumens and runtime. You'll probably get more than what they state. My A2's are specified as 50 lumens on incan mode but I'm sure it's more like 70-80.

Sharpy_swe

Enlightened
But all three is supposed to use CREE's, and G2L and 6PL the same circuit/driver/emitter!?

So why have the aluminum 6PL less runtime then the Nitrolon G2L, shouldn't it be the opposite?

And if the E2L also uses a CREE, why only two more hours with 35 lumens less, a really bad circuit/driver/emitter?[FONT=&quot]

:confused:
[/FONT]

Tempest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been using a 6PL for a while now, and I'm still on my first set of batteries. I'm sure the output has indeed dropped, but it is still throwing out a lot of bright, white light several hours on. I imagine it will continue to provide me with hours of "useful" light before I feel the need to change the batteries. My G2L, on the other hand, has seen very little use. I just prefer the 6P.

Tempest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Absolutely, the new E2L is really a fantastic light, one of the highlights of Surefire's current range, in my opinion :eek: