Spiderview...

Mundele

Newly Enlightened
So a few years back I was using my LED headlamp at night while walking the dog and I noticed what looked like tiny water droplets in the grass. It hadn't rained and there was no dew. When I looked closer, each of the "droplets" I saw was actually a spider's eyes reflecting back at me. If I held the light lower (as you typically would) I didn't see the reflection. I've never noticed this effect with an incandescent light. It's amazing how many spiders there are.

Has anyone else ever noticed this?

I've also seen it using normal handheld LED flashlights but only if I hold the light up at my head near my eyes.

Anyway... Give it a try...

--Matt

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yep, you can find big ones that way, wolf spiders tend to have very bright eyes, if you have a UV light you can spot scorpions too

AlexGT

lukus

Enlightened
When I was in high school, we used to go driving around with a Q-beam spotlighting rabbits. The spiders would give us false alarms. Sometimes there would be so many of them that it would look like someone had crop dusted with glitter.

light_emitting_dude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tried it tonight and I found out that a lower powered LED light works much better. Saw a few spider eyes reflecting back.

bray

Newly Enlightened
every night i see them and it creeeps me out there is five hundred spiders pointing my direction and probaly looking at me as i pass

Latest posts