Olight T20 Q5 vs Fenix P3D Q5

oren1s

Newly Enlightened
Though the Fenix Q5 isn\t out yet, what do you think about the two and the potential of the Fenix with the Q5

It could help in deciding which to buy (can't buy them both hehehe) Intend to use with rechargeables RCR's

mchlwise

Enlightened
The Fenix Q5s are available from Fenix-Store, shipping on Wednesday.

:twothumbs

DanielG

Enlightened
Well, buy them both is what I did :D Well, the Fenix P3D Rebel one and the OLight T20 Cree Q5 anyway.

The OLight has a sharper defined inner circle, the fenix is slightly fuzzier.

The OLight seems slightly brighter but that might just be the fuzzy versus sharp. The Q5 Fenix might make that a non difference or bump the Fenix slightly higher.

I, personally, like the way the OLight shifts brightness levels better, the head is always screwed on tight. The Fenix is loosened to get some of the levels.

The fenix is the same diameter from the tailcap to the end of the head. The OLight has a larger head on it.

The OLight is ever so slightly longer, but not by much. Not enough for me to care in any case.

oren1s

Newly Enlightened
So the Olight seems to win :) Though to consider is the free international shipping of the Fenix....

Last edited:

oren1s

Newly Enlightened
Think i made my mind over the OLight, hope it will be good as an EDC ...

Grateful Ned

Newly Enlightened
Noob here, pardon ignorance and all that :D Great to find this group of knowledgable folks though, keep up the good work y'all.

I'm debating between the T20 Q5 and P3D Q5. Seems like most of the comparisons are btw the T20 and the P3D Rebel - as the P3D Q5's start arriving in peoples' mailboxes I'd sure like to read/see your impressions. I prefer a bit more spill so I'm leaning toward the Fenix, but man it's hard to ignore the 'quality' points about the Olight builds, and I do prefer white tint to off-white, esp blue or green which the Fenix's apparently have.

Guess all I mean to say is keep the information coming, esp you new P3D Q5 owners !

Flashlight Enthusiast
i think i will like the fenix P3D Q5 when mine comes in, i have the olight version but the beam on my is weird it has a yellow piece in the center of the beam which is annoying but dont know yeat till i get my fenix