Received the Fenix P3D and the Insight H2X Typhoon :)

Juras

Newly Enlightened
Received the Lights last week, so here now my findings.

The Fenix P3D is a nice small Light hosting a Rebel 100 LED paired with a OP Reflector and it got multi brightness modes lo-mid-hi-sos-turbo-strobe so it seems to fit my needs.

The beam pattern is as expected (thanks to the OP) and WOW much brighter than I thought.
Switching trough the modes using the reverse clicky is simple and intuitive.
The tint on my P3D is pure White slightly on the warm side and stays stable trough all modes.
Regarding the Finish I was prepared to expect not too much because of all the comments about the Chinese Lights – but again wow the Finish is clean and flawless (machining and anodizing), the treads and o-rings are lubed and the tail switch works great.

Negative Points are
Material used is a bit thin for my taste (although it feels solid enough)
Light is a bit slippery

So this little Fenix Light I bought for 60€ even exceeded my expectations.

The Insight H2X Typhoon fits and feels better in my hands compared to the Fenix.
The UI is simply GREAT! To be able to switch with one hand trough all modes get momentary on, strobe and programmable dimmable output is the best part of this Light!
I was concerned regarding the beam pattern and output as it uses a lux3 paired with a smooth Reflector but strangely the hotspot seems even brighter compared to the P3D. (have to investigate this further and i will do some beamshots)
The programmable start behavior in the dimming mode and the nearly seamless adjustable brightness with advertised runtimes up to 400h is amazing and makes this light really versatile.
The beam pattern is also better than I thought.
The well thought design and the great and simple UI makes this light a great package really worth the price I paid! I love this Light :D

Sadly it seems that my Light slipped through QC because:
- The Light has all around the body lots of nicks and scratches. Strangely it seemed they occurred during manufacturing as they are all covered by the HA3 Layer. It looks like the machined Bodies where all thrown in a box and got well shaken together on their way to the anodizing.
- A small Area (ca 5mm length) on the Body got something like a anodizing flaw (white dotted and feels rough)
- The Tailcap got some anodized nicks too
- The Mode-Selector also got a scratch
- On Mode2 the Pushbutton slightly hangs and slightly quieks when pushed
- On Mode3 the Pushbutton quieks loud when pushed

I am very disappointed to see this kind of Flaws on an expensive Light, even compared to the commonly "cheap" called Chinese Lights.

I contacted the Vendor of my Light and it seems that I will be redirected to the manufacturer regarding this issue. I will keep you informed.

PS. A question to all H2X and Gladius owner out there – What kind of quality/finish can be expected? Am I expecting too much from a high priced "quality" Flashlight made in USA?

Juras

Newly Enlightened
Hi

Thanks for Your confirmation that a flawless finish should be normal.
That's what i expected also :(
I'm in contact with the store waiting for a answer on this issue.

I hope that the light i got only slipped trough QC and they will take care.

Juras

Newly Enlightened
After some emailing i send the Light back.
A new one will be shipped out as soon as the flawed one arrives.

Hopefully more Luck this Time.

Juras

Newly Enlightened
Hi

Finaly i have a new H2X. The returned one got lost by USPS(investigation is running) so i had to order a new one.

Now the finish is ok (not perfect but good enough) and the the tailcap is fine to.

Will do some comparisons as soon as i have some time.

I read that the tenergy 3V RCR will work fine with the H2X - It would be great if anyone with logterm experience can add his findings.

Last edited: