PayPal fees

DonShock

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is no extra fee on the person making the payment.

The person recieving the payment has a roughly 3-5% fee deducted from the payment, depending on the type of Paypal account they have.

Enlightened
I don't believe that they charge anything extra for a credit card over a standard payment. However you have to have a "business account" to take credit card payments and if you have a business account they will take 3-5% off the top of EVERY transaction where you receive money. The real ***** about it is that if you want to sell on ebay you are practically required to have a business account which means if you want to accept pay pal (and trust me, you do), you have to give them 3-5%. That's on TOP of ebay's 3-5%. Since ebay owns paypal, I would view that as pretty much double-dipping and illegal bundling as well. I'm surprised they haven't been sued over it already.

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Premier account is same I think, fixed percentage of fee doesn't matter what source. I duno what's the difference between premier/business account thou, they look pretty much the same from paypal description.