Sharing a Pic * More pics added *

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
UPDATE: More pics are added in a new post..Sorry but They are a bit big in Kb...

well this pic is a spin-off from a series for an artcile on Tactical Flashlights I am preparing.

igp1602fo9.jpg

And a colorized one:

brownigp1602bz7.jpg

Lighting Setup was: Huntlight FT01 from 9 o'clock, L0D-CE on low from 7 o'clock high lighting the foreground, and Rex 2.0 from 4 o'clock high ligting the Surefire ypper body and background.

Well not THAT good but passable....

ENJOY always, kostas

Last edited:

Lobo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Sharing a Pic

Sweet pics. Don't hesitate to share more.

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast

Wraios Kwtso :p

ti egine tsimpisame Ellina? (what? have I fished another Greek?)

thanks for the compliments....

But nothing is *that* real when it comes to photoshop.
There is a color adjustment layer with a brownish Gradient blended as "color" for those that know.

sam one fliped up was used to make the sepia version....

will psot soem more, cos flashlight are good stuff to work on my "product/advertisment" photography skills.

enjoy, kostas

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast

NICE light, excellent photo.... and really like that you lit it using flashlights........that is just tooooo coooool.

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast

NICE light, excellent photo.... and really like that you lit it using flashlights........that is just tooooo coooool.

well, modern LED flashlights offer some benefist over warm tungsteen lights for that kind of work

- They are closer to daylight (infact that was the camera setting)
- hey produce no heat
- they have a concetrated neam substituting the very specific spot photographic lights
- they are of adjustable brigntness saving you the trouble of moving the projectors far back to decrease light on subject. Especially when sdpaces are tight.

I am expecting some bike handlebar holders from KD to put on the photo lights tripod instead....

BYw I would have already atken another pic but I have a cold developing so it is bedtime only this weekend....

enjoy, kostas

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast

well guys here they are fresh and hot of the PC....

(but I am not that crazy about them, have a lot way to go, though it today I tried an overhead lighting solution in one of them that was a first and a success)

Enjoy.....

igp1651lc2.jpg

igp1651aad1.jpg
igp1651bik7.jpg

igp1658fu2.jpg
igp1658apj0.jpg

igp1662ah5.jpg
igp1662arm9.jpg

My favorite of them is the 4th one (the dark blue tinted one)

Lighting was varying but the general setup was: An Osram Neon lantern under the flashlight & batts (they rested in a piece of glass). a Huntlight Lux III was used to light the background, a Rex 2.0 for the main light, and a L0D-CE for the accending backlight. Background was my black fleece jacket. :)

Please feedback and critisism is expected by the more apt in product photography...This may be an ongoing educating project for me...

thanks all....Kostas

Last edited:

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do post your article when you're done. We're interested. ;)
Oh, and nice pics! What camera are you using? DSLR?

Well the article is almost finished. It is a TacticaL Flashlight overview for a Greek military mag, called "Katadromi" (Commando Assault). Will be out possibly December...I have been off the mag for more than a year and CPF is the culprit! Now I am taking lost time off my readers back with another theme! (And a follow up on Flashlight tactics nexzt trimester)

Anyway...for those to know camera was a Pentax K-10D set as aRGB, AV, Raw+, Daylight WB, iso 200-800, and anti-shake On....Lens was a Sigma 28-70 EX DG (35mm format) at f/8 and 55mm ???? Although you can not beat the stock kit lens for getting as close as 4 inches!

enjoy all! Kostas

JKL

Enlightened
Thanks KosPap,

I agree with Kilovolt and as has been told by Fallingwater :
we are waiting your article next December .:cool: