My First Post !!!

Hitthespot

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have enjoyed reading your posts. Trying to get educated on LED lights. Wow is this fast paced. I own a G2 and a E2E. I just pruchased a T20-Q5 but it hasn't arrived yet. Question? Is this the latest LED or has this now been surpassed?

Thanks everyone. Looking forward to enjoying the forum.

Yenster

Newly Enlightened
I just pruchased a T20-Q5 but it hasn't arrived yet. Question? Is this the latest LED or has this now been surpassed?

Assuming you mean the latest and available for flashlights.

The latest by Cree is the Q5.
The latest by Lumileds is the Rebel 100.
The latest by Seoul is the 41280 P4 U-bin

MikeSalt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome to CPF,

The Q5 is indeed the latest Cree. Cree sparked the revolution of competition. Before their X-RE X-Lamps, Lumileds dominated the market, and progress was slow as a result. Then Cree came along and turned this all on its head. Cree licensed out its die to Seoul, who went on to produce the equally formidible P4. Let battle commence!

Empath

Flashaholic
:welcome:

Welcome to CPF, Hitthespot.

I've got to say to all our members of CPF, that their willingness to Welcome our new members always impresses me. My hat's off to all of you.

greenLED

Flashaholic
Is this the latest LED or has this now been surpassed?

:welcome: hitthespot. Right now the Cree and Seoul LED emitters are very much at the forefront in terms of light output. Lumileds and their Rebel emitters are hot on the heels of the other guys. Actually, depending on how you look at these emitters, some may say Rebels are ahead of the game.

Grab a chair and enjoy, we'll have newer, smaller, brighter, LED's in a few months. It keeps us on our toes. :)

Gunner12

Flashaholic

There might be newer LEDs out towards the end of the year but as of right now, Cree XR-E Q5, Rebel 100 are the best.

js

Flashlight Enthusiast

CPF is a great place with a lot of great people! Enjoy! And best of luck in your endeavors.

Patriot

Flashaholic
Howdy hitthespot and welcome to CPF. :wave:

Actually I think that I welcomed you in a different thread already...oh well, glad to have you here.