Flashlight Heresy

KC2IXE

Flashaholic*
I've committed flashlight heresy - I've stopped carrying my E2!! It's been relegated to my backup bag. My EDC is now an ARC SLS-1 with the 2 AA body.

Why? Well, my EDC bag was getting a BIT heavy, and I have to carry AA cells for other gear I carry, but the E2 was the ONLY thing I needed to carry CR123s for

By giving up the E2, and the spare sets of CR123s, I save a bit of weight and space, and the ARC does almost everything I need

EMPOWERTORCH

Enlightened
I'm never more than 20 m away from at least ONE torch!
Whether its in my bike bag or pocket, I always carry a torch... you never know when you're going to need to use it in anger, such as a power outage or a dark field to cross!

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
20m!!!

i'm never more than 3ft away from my aaa, it even goes in the tub with me, and at night, i have a little peg attached to a device that i made for my bed, when on the peg, the aaa is about 10 inches away from my head /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

i am usually close to my e2e also, but i sometimes let people borrow that, i never let my aaa out of my hands /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

i carry other lights of course, but they are in my coat (and one in my school bag), so they aren't always on my person.

as far as carrying the ls instead of the e2e, that sounds ok to me! i just wish i had an ls...to carry in <font color="blue">addition to</font> my other lights /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

LEDagent

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
EMPOWERTORCH said:
I always carry a torch... you never know when you're going to need to use it in anger...

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't mean to make fun of you or anything, so i hope you don't take offense to this.

But i thought that was really funny. Is that a typo? Did you mean danger instead of anger? If not...umm...please explain. There's a discussion on flashlight use as weapons...maybe you can add a few thoughts there? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
no, he means anger. when your angry, you flash it on and off for therapy! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

this is dangerous, as one can get caught up in the blinking and totally deplete the batteries /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

LEDagent

Flashlight Enthusiast
You know what? I'd say 40 percent of my E2's depleted battery life is due to just random blinking, and goofing off. I rarely have to actually use the light, but since it's on me all the time, i have a habit of blinking it frequently.

...and no this does not mean that i'm frequently an angry person. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Just easily ammused.

Charlie, it was a smart move to replace your Surefire E2 with an Arc LS. I don't know any other flashlight that could actually replace an E2. You are greatly trading brightness, but i'm guessing your main criterea for an EDC light is longevity over brightness. Keeping your EDC devices to one type of power source is a good idea. I will be doing the same thing as soon as i have the money for an Arc LSH-P.

Tomas

Banned
My Arc LS is attached to a beltloop, so I am sometimes not all THAT close to it, as I'm not wearing the clothing the beltloop is on.

My primary Arc AAA, however, lives on a stainless steel chain 'round my neck, and even showers and sleeps with me.

The last time I was not either using or wearing the Arc AAA I was getting a chest x-ray ...

tomsig03.gif

-= MICROSOFT FREE ZONE =-

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
I always have a flashlight with me. Currently my white SLS. If I decide to mount it permanently on my 2c pack or headlamp mod, then my CMG Ultra will take the EDC spot.

Bill.H

Enlightened
It's not heresy since you're using an Arc.

However, had you switched to an un-modded Solitaire....

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif