chinese lights with US LED's ?

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
As far as white high power LEDs for flashlights are concerned there's only three major players in the marketplace:

- Lumileds in the USA
- CREE in the USA
- Seoul Semiconductor Co. in Korea

Consequently if you want to manufacture a flashlight it is likely that you buy the LED in the US.

scott.cr

Flashlight Enthusiast
As far as white high power LEDs for flashlights are concerned there's only three major players in the marketplace:

There are Chinese-made high-power LEDs too.... all the LED lights you don't see attached to a brand name use 'em. (And I would guess, some of the lights you DO see a brand name LED attached to are fraudulently using the brand name logo.)

turbot

Newly Enlightened
There are Chinese-made high-power LEDs too.... all the LED lights you don't see attached to a brand name use 'em. (And I would guess, some of the lights you DO see a brand name LED attached to are fraudulently using the brand name logo.)

I figured there were Chinese made "CREE style" led's, just by the price that some of these lights are selling for.

Is "Cree" now used more as a type rather than manufacturer when advertising light specs ?

Any way to tell if one is US made, compared to Chinese ?