Can it be True?

Hitthespot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now I'm not sure when I started loving flashlights; but it sure is nice to know I'm not alone. I thought their was something wrong with me. Well lets just skip that. This is my second post and I'm learning alot from you all.

I own a Pelican Submersible 3 C w/xenon, a Browining Black Ice 3 CR123 w/xenon, a SF E2E, and a SF G2 along with some other misc lights. I just ordered a Olight T20-Q5 claiming to be some 205+ lumens. Can it really be true that this light is more than three (3) times more powerfull than my G2 with just one LED? The last LED flashlight I seen had 7 LED's and would barely be enough light for survival, of course that was 4 years ago.

DanielG

Enlightened
I just ordered a Olight T20-Q5 claiming to be some 205+ lumens. Can it really be true that this light is more than three (3) times more powerfull than my G2 with just one LED? The last LED flashlight I seen had 7 LED's and would barely be enough light for survival, of course that was 4 years ago.

I started this flashight-ism with a no-name 1X123a Cree, a Fenix P3D, and an OLight T-20. Before this I was of the Lowe's bargain variety flashlight.

Be prepared to be shocked in a positive way.

Oh, still go to Lowe's and look at their 2-cell C Task Force flashlight. The new one (with the "60 times brighter" banner) is a Cree LED :D

robo21

Enlightened
I just ordered a Olight T20-Q5 claiming to be some 205+ lumens. Can it really be true that this light is more than three (3) times more powerfull than my G2 with just one LED? The last LED flashlight I seen had 7 LED's and would barely be enough light for survival, of course that was 4 years ago.

Contact forum member FASTCAR, he had done reviews on both Olight models and he has the means to measure output as well as much experience.

FASTCAR

Banned
The G2 is not bright at all.
IMO the Olight T20 is better in every possible way then that G2.

Yes it is roughly 3x brighter.
Batteries last much much much longer.

Keep in mind the G2 yellows and dims by the second.It may start off kinda bright, BUT after 5-10 mins its lost 20% of its lumens or more.

Modern ( good) LED lights are fully regulated.This means 2 hours of constant on it is just as bright as it was the first 10 seconds.

IMO The T20 upgrade from a G2 is a night and day difference.This is like going from 1988 mustang GT 5.0 with 7 zillion miles...to a new Z06 Corvette:grin2:

I would bet a few bucks that when you get the T20 and fire it up the first time at night in your yard....... that you will giggle like a little kid .

Call Mike at PTS flashlights for a CPF discount and best price on this light.

Hitthespot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks

You guys have me dripping with anticipation. The T20 shipped but I can't wait for it to arrive.

Patriot

Flashaholic
Hey there Hitthespot...glad that you're enjoying the company of other flashoholics. I was thinking about the Q5 in the Olight. If the specifications are overstated it's not by much. It's probably easily within 180-200 lumens. Sounds like you're off to a nice collection of lights.

BSCOTT1504

Enlightened
:welcome: Keep in mind that lumen output is not the only criteria for a quality flashlight. There will be times that 1-5 lumens will suffice!!