Ye Olde Tech(e) :) - anyone still using their SF U2 on a regular basis?

MikeLip

Flashlight Enthusiast
I remember when this light first hit the scene, CPF was all agog over it. Now it is rarely discussed, but it seems to me to still be a very worthy light. Who still has and uses one?

I admit I just bought one - I think the fact that it's using a Luxeon is not necessarily a show stopper when you weigh it against the user interface and the fact that it's a Surefire :) Granted a more modern emitter wold be great, but I think the Luxeon can still throw the lumens.

So tell me, years down the road, what you like and dislike about it. Yeah I am looking for some vindication (aren't we all when we buy a new toy), but honest replies pro and con are welcome!

GregU2

Newly Enlightened
I've had my U2 for a little over a year now and I love it. It has a very slight doughnut, but you can't tell when using it in the real world. I love the look, the feel, and the wall of light it puts out on High. The UI is excellent and 40 hours on low is great.

I EDC a Fenix P1D Q5, but I always have my U2 close at hand. I use it around the house a lot, and of course would not go an a trip or major outdoor excursion without it.

I'll still buy other lights, of course, but I doubt I'll find a replacement for my U2 for quite some time. Enjoy your "new" light.

jeffb

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a U2, that I have outfitted with an 18650 Leef body and tailcap; I really like the beam for walking with our dog at night. Beam is perfect with no doughnut. The variable level head is great! Enjoy yours :thumbsup:

150810369-M.jpg