Christmas gifts?

Marduke

Flashaholic
If you're referring to these, I have never seen them, but by their specs it doesn't look like a good deal at all. Technology several years old, nothing special about them. At least a 2D or 3D MagLED would give you better durability, reliability, and upgradability at the same price and brightness. Not a good deal IMO :thumbsdow

merlocka

Enlightened
If you're referring to these, I have never seen them, but by their specs it doesn't look like a good deal at all. Technology several years old, nothing special about them. At least a 2D or 3D MagLED would give you better durability, reliability, and upgradability at the same price and brightness. Not a good deal IMO :thumbsdow

LEDbeam will sell you 3 for $54 shipped. So the question is can you suggest a better gift flashlight for ~$18

The LEDbeam is a good "last generation" flashlight. Yes, it's not a CREE or a SSC. But, mine had a good tight throw with smooth spill. It runs on "regular people" batteries. And it looks pretty good!

MagLED are only the same price if you find one at Target clearance :), in which case I would probably buy the Mag's too.

The Rayovac 4W CREE is basically very similar to the LEDbeam, but you get about twice the output.

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/172807

Or you can look at AA lights from places like Dealextreme. Some make good gifts, some are junky. OK, most are junky :naughty: My recommendation is the Ultrafire C3 for $17. Makes a good gift.

Last edited:

Drundel

Newly Enlightened
Thanks merlocka and saildude. That gives me some reading to do and more ideas.

Oh, one thing I forgot to add as to my thinking, I am looking for something that might not be as bright as the newer LED, but runtime is a big deal. My gf and I stayed at my cousins bayhouse and they had ton a crappy incandescent lights and most were dead. I wanted something like this with long shelf life and still pretty good throw.

Last edited:

Latest posts