StarLux or Blaster II that is the question...

flashlightDR

Newly Enlightened
I am thinking about getting a "starlux" (Luxeon star LED Aluminum flashlight) on ebay from Elektro Lumens for about $40. They are also selling the "blaster II" which everyone at CPS seems to like. What is the difference? Which should I get? Is the "blasterII" worth more money and a longer wait.....what do you think?.............. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif <font color="blue"> </font>

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
the blaster 2 is completely designed by elektrolumens, i beileve the starlux is a mod.

the blaster 2 is much better...cooler looking, ha3, i don't know what the starlux uses for optics, but the blaster2 uses 30mm which is better than any other optic.

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
The newer StarLux also uses the 30mm optics, I believe...

The cool thing about the Blaster II is, it's already a fine light the way it is, but you can switch out the LS and put in your favorite 5W replacement, and make your own battery pack...

Aside from that, I think the slender form factor makes for an appealing light. The Blaster II is quite nice, but if you for some reason can't get one, then the Starlux is just as viable an option...

flashlightDR

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the response... I think I'll get the StarLux now and wait for a white 5-watt to come out (6-AA from Wayne).

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have you asked Wayne to see if he can custom build you one? He's never failed me in my quest for a slice of the sun, so you can ask him if he can convert one of these lights for you...