Fenix Chequering Mismatch

MikeSalt

Flashlight Enthusiast
My first high-quality LED flashlight was a LED Lenser David 15 with beautiful diamond chequering along most of the body. It has excellent grip in the hand. Heck, even the cheap, Nichia, button-cell powered Lenser keyfinder had this! I intend to replace my Lenser with a Fenix L1T V2.0 soon.

I also own two Fenix P1D-CEs (one is a Q5). And they both have GORGEOUS diamond chequering around the head.

So why is it that the L1T V2.0 has crappy square chequering at the back, and even worse parallel-line chequering on the head? This is true of all the non-twisty Fenixes. It makes the flashlight harder to grip, and it looks cheap. It would also convey a greater sense of brand-identification if the same chequering was used throughout the product range.

Come on, it does not require vastly more material, and labour costs are hardly significant in China. I would happliy pay an extra $2-5 to have diamond chequering.

Julian Holtz

Enlightened
Come on, it does not require vastly more material, and labour costs are hardly significant in China. I would happliy pay an extra $2-5 to have diamond chequering.
:thumbsup:

Yes, me too!

Lobo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good question. The diamond chequering looks one hundred times better. Ony reason I can come up with is that it's not needed on the non-twisy lights, never the less, it would make them look much better.

And while were at it, why did they change to the shiny black anodization with the newer models. Just looks bad. The older ones (LxP, LxT) looked SO much better.

MikeSalt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have also noticed that the L2* body is a completely different design to the L1* body. From a practical perspective, the L2* body is better for the size, but the L1* ought to be a cut-down version.

Khaytsus

Enlightened
I don't care how the checkering works out, but i would like to see an HA finish, my shiny black it wearing thin.

Get Natural. It looks nicer IMO and holds up very well.

I hate to be pedantic, but isn't it "knurling" that we're discussing?

Latest posts