Wee NS battery

ruriimasu

Enlightened
Hi all,

Not sure where to post this as I am new here. I want to get a Wee NS but have a few questions, which I hope someone here maybe able to answer.

1. In the Wee NS purchasing webpage, it was mentioned that I have to choose from 25, 50 or 80 lumens. Does it mean I will not have all 3 modes in a Wee NS? Are there sample photos to show brightness of each mode?
2. How long does the battery last for each mode?
3. I intend to wear it as a necklace, can it be wore to shower and swimming?
4. Does the battery come in bigger capacities?
5. Does the package of 35pounds include charger and rechargeable battery?

Thanks in advance. :twothumbs

MikeSalt

Flashlight Enthusiast
:welcome:

Crikey that thing is small:eek:

1) Yes, you have to pick just one. There is not the room to make this multi-mode.
2)1.5 hours, 30 minutes and 15 minutes (25, 50, 80 lumens respectively)
3)No. The modular design of theOrb products means that they are splashable, not dunkable. Certainly no swimming, and showering usually requires a 'dunkable' rating too.
4)Not yet. AW is the man to ask, he makes the cells
5)Yes, it includes the battery, and charging spacing magnets, but no, the nano charger is a £6 optional extra.

Hope that helps. Have fun.

ruriimasu

Enlightened
:welcome:

Crikey that thing is small:eek:

5)Yes, it includes the battery, and charging spacing magnets, but no, the nano charger is a £6 optional extra.

Hope that helps. Have fun.

Hi thanks for your answers. What is charging spacing magnets? what is the nano charger for? So if i order just the £35 package, will i or will i not be able to charge the battery?

Is there any other flashlight around this size and price that is waterproof/dunkable?

Last edited:

MikeSalt

Flashlight Enthusiast
You need to order the £35 package, then click on the Extras/Options/Parts tab and order an Orb Raw Worldwide nano charger (£6). You total package price will be £41.

The charger is designed to charge a much larger battery than the 10180 that your Wee uses. The charging spacing magnets fill in the gap between your bettery and the charger contacts.

I have just checked the specification again, and the Wee now uses double o-rings for water resistance. This would at least make it showerproof. I still would not recommend swimming with it. Only use specific dive-lights for that.

ruriimasu

Enlightened
Hi Mikesalt.. thanks a lot.

Does anyone know how I can order the item? It seems the shopping cart has errors. I tried to order the Wee ns and then return to get a nano charger but each time only the newly selected item is in the shopping cart. i can't get multiple items.

By the way, anyone have recommendations for any similarly sized flashlights at around same cost? And preferably waterproof.. thx :p

Gizzy

Newly Enlightened
I think the reason that the cark blanks out is that Rob mentioned the Nano charger wasn't in stock and he's expecting a shipment of them this week.