CREE p4 3W LED from Hong Kong eBay

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wish all the companies that design the small "Fenix" type lights design the head like the second light shown. Good anti-roll design.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
I also think you would be better off buying a DX or KD light, especially the ones with better reviews.

The light you bought would be nowhere close to 240 lumen, even at the LED. The Cree P4 has nowhere close to 200 lumen at its maximum rated power.

For X-mas gifts, it would be better to buy AA powered lights(like this one or this one) since mos people dislike using expensive Lithium batteries and they don't want to buy cheaper online. The lights won't be as bright as the lithium powered ones, but they will be brighter then anything their size that most people have seen.

rob3rto

Newly Enlightened
Finally came through. Both in flimsy cardboard boxes with a thin bubble wrap sleeve. These were then in an ordinary envelope sealed with just a peice of string around two fixings. Not very secure me thinks.

Both are far brighter than anything I have, inc the old Flik Lite L3 dive.

The smaller one seems to have a brighter center spot and is more of a spot light. The larger not so bright a spot and is more of a flood.

Both have OP reflectors.

Managed to but a boat load of 123A Maxell batteries from my local Lidl store. Were selling them at £1.99 each with an exp date of 2014 so should last a while.

I will try and post pics (if anyone is interested) once I get my camera back from my brother.

The addiction has already started :sick:

mmmflashlights

Enlightened
They do look like decent lights, both look identical to lights I've seen on DealExtreme.com and KaiDomain.com, two websites that are popular for buying cheaper lights. The first appears to be the same as a light I had looked at on DX http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.3386 , if only it could fit 18650's. If you had a caliper I'd even ask you to measure the diameter of the light at the point of the rear threading on the battery tube (maybe my friend's lathe could fix that problem of not fitting 18650's depending on how large the tube is). ;)

Fird

Enlightened
Be careful if you do a run time test!! I blew up one of these cheap super bright (my gawd it was bright) led lights on its first battery by trying to do a test at peak output. unregulated = overdriven = super bright!