Got my A2 today!

Dark Light

Newly Enlightened
Only one problem....its not dark yet!!! Now i need to upgrade my 3d maglite with something that throws a bit better.

djblank87

Enlightened
Congrats on your :bow::bow: A2. If it's your first one, I'm sure you love it :thumbsup:.

Now "Let there be night, so that there can be light" :nana:

seery

Flashlight Enthusiast
Congrats on a superb light.

Now to let you in on a secret....(you won't be able to stop at just one A2)!!! :naughty:

Illum

Flashaholic
when its dark, grab any other incandescent light with your A2, turn both on, and go take a 45 minute walk. you'd be surprised at how dim the other light will have become when you return...theres no need for a spare EDC simply because the LEDs wont leave you in the dark :wave:[except when theres something very wrong with the circuitry/assembly that does not permit direct drive.]

aside from its limited throw capabilities, its the most super awesome and practical incandescent light I've ever used.:)

enjoy:thumbsup:

Congrats on a superb light.

Now to let you in on a secret....(you won't be able to stop at just one A2)!!! :naughty:

don't tempt him! next thing we know he might be another competitor of Bawko:party:

lightemup

Flashaholic*
Dammit i've still got a week or so to wait for my first A2 :sick: :santa: how I am going to use a green led I don't know :anyone: and nor do I particularly care :) Can't wait!

djblank87

Enlightened
Dammit i've still got a week or so to wait for my first A2 :sick: :santa: how I am going to use a green led I don't know :anyone: and nor do I particularly care :) Can't wait!

Lightemup, I use my green one for reading documents at night and when doing task that require me to keep a low level of light.

Are you going to use it at work or EDC it?

lightemup

Flashaholic*
Thanks for the info Djblank :)

At this stage I do think it will be my EDC, I really like the idea of the regulated incandescent. My first preference was for red but as a twist of fate an opportunity for a green one presented itself.

js

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dark Light and Lightemup,

I think you'll really like your A2's! I know I love mine, and EDC it pretty much every day.

But, just in case you aren't blown away at first, don't panic. The A2 may take a while to reveal it's way-coolness. It isn't a light that WOWS! most people in the first five seconds. So, before you decide you made a mistake and try to sell it, give the A2 a couple weeks or a month, and just use it fairly regularly. About 50 percent of those people who were unimpressed at first grow to really love the light after a while. The other 50 percent sell theirs. And that's OK, too. The A2 isn't for everyone.

Grox

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dark Light and Lightemup,

I think you'll really like your A2's! I know I love mine, and EDC it pretty much every day.

But, just in case you aren't blown away at first, don't panic. The A2 may take a while to reveal it's way-coolness. It isn't a light that WOWS! most people in the first five seconds. So, before you decide you made a mistake and try to sell it, give the A2 a couple weeks or a month, and just use it fairly regularly. About 50 percent of those people who were unimpressed at first grow to really love the light after a while. The other 50 percent sell theirs. And that's OK, too. The A2 isn't for everyone.

js is not being entirely candid about how much he likes the A2... which is a lot.

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/107943

But what he says is 100% correct. The A2 is an incredible light that does not win the numbers game in any one area but instead gains its strength from being a versatile all rounder.

Last edited:

DM51

Flashaholic
Some people even have more than one A2, lol.

You've made an excellent choice. Welcome to CPF!

DuckhunterInTN

Newly Enlightened
Congrats on the new light. I hope to get one soon.

I have a "dumb" question about the A2. Is there a way to turn on only the LEDs without having to hold down the momentary switch? In other words can you "constant-on" just the LED's? I read a description of how it works but am still a bit confused. Thanks.

Dinan

Newly Enlightened
Congrats on the new light. I hope to get one soon.

I have a "dumb" question about the A2. Is there a way to turn on only the LEDs without having to hold down the momentary switch? In other words can you "constant-on" just the LED's? I read a description of how it works but am still a bit confused. Thanks.
Of course! You just screw the tailcap down 1 turn and the LED's will be constant on. At that setting, when you press the tailcap you get momentary high-beam. If you screw down the tailcap even more, you get the high beam constant on. The L1 and L2 work the same way. It's the best 2 level UI I've ever used!

DuckhunterInTN

Newly Enlightened
Of course! You just screw the tailcap down 1 turn and the LED's will be constant on. At that setting, when you press the tailcap you get momentary high-beam. If you screw down the tailcap even more, you get the high beam constant on. The L1 and L2 work the same way. It's the best 2 level UI I've ever used!

That is pretty cool. Thanks for the info!

So, when the tailcap is not screwed down at all (aka the light is off) and you press the tailcap switch, does the light first light up the leds and then when you press it further it activates the incan?

Last edited:

Hawkeye62

Newly Enlightened
That is pretty cool. Thanks for the info!

So, when the tailcap is not screwed down at all (aka the light is off) and you press the tailcap switch, does the light first light up the leds and then when you press it further it activates the incan?

Duckhunter, This is correct when you press a little you get LEDS and press a little harder and get the 80 Lumen incan. Great light, had mine about a month now and love it. Probably use the LED's about 80% of the time, great for batt life. Enjoy..