problem with Lumens factory EO-E1R in E1E

zx7dave

Enlightened
Hi I just got a Lumens Factory EO-E1R for my older E1 Executive. I put the bulb in and nothing. Won't light at all. I am using a fresh Battery Station RCR-123A. So I try it with a different RCR-123A...same results.
I can get the light to come on (dimly) with anormal CR123, but not with the RCR-123A which is the intended power source for this LA.
It seems like it is not getting contact somehow. The light is not modified in any way.
I tried with the same results in my wife's E1E.
Has anyone run across this before? Any idea's?

lebox97

Enlightened
try an AW cell...

mine does same with 2 out of 3 brands of R123 cell - I'm guessing the bulb pulls too much and protection kicks in on cell? :shrug:

zx7dave

Enlightened
Which one? I just looked at Lighthound and only saw AW unprotected cells. Really prefer protected cells if possible.

zx7dave

Enlightened
Thanks. Just ordered some of these batteries. I had overlooked them earlier as they were 750mAh as compared to the 900mAh that the Battery Station RCR123A's put out. I assumed this meant longer run time. Anyway hopefully the Aw's will work for me.
How long will these stay charged inside the flashlight? 60 days? 6 months? Since this combo (RCR-123A+90 Lumen Lumens Factory EO-E1R vs CR123+15 Lumen MN01) has a better Lumens output I perfer to stay with this setup, but I don't want the light to be dead when it is needed. It is my wife's EDC that she uses about 8 times a year.

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks. Just ordered some of these batteries. I had overlooked them earlier as they were 750mAh as compared to the 900mAh that the Battery Station RCR123A's put out. I assumed this meant longer run time. Anyway hopefully the Aw's will work for me.
How long will these stay charged inside the flashlight? 60 days? 6 months? Since this combo (RCR-123A+90 Lumen Lumens Factory EO-E1R vs CR123+15 Lumen MN01) has a better Lumens output I perfer to stay with this setup, but I don't want the light to be dead when it is needed. It is my wife's EDC that she uses about 8 times a year.
as compared to the 900mAh that the Battery Station RCR123A's put out.

There is no such thing as a 900mAh RCR123 cell, it's all marketing hype. All RCR123s fall between 500 to 650+.

zx7dave

Enlightened
That is good information to know. So the AW's are actually better then? How long do they hold a charge if they are not used often?

labrat

Enlightened
Utrafire 880 mAh non-protected cells, from DX, runs this bulb without problems. 4 for less than 5 USD!
The 1000 mAh protected ones does not!
I also now had to recycle one of these protected ones, as both the protective circuit and the cell itself no longer worked OK.
The non-protected ones I have had no problems with.

Stillphoto

Flashlight Enthusiast
Interesting, I never really thought the two different batteries I tried could be the issue...I have the same problem...Although I don't know that I'm gonna spend another few to get it working properly. I sorta got it to work...who knows if its near full power

light_emitting_dude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anyone have any beamshots of their E1E with EO-E1R? I have searched the forum and can't find any. From what I have read it compares to the E2E, about 60ish lumens.