First Surefire advice needed.

tardis

Newly Enlightened
I'm looking to buy my first Surefire /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif I don't know too much about them so far but after reading this forum I'm learning fast /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
What I'm looking for is a general use EDC, bright for short burst light that is easy to carry and that I can use for self-defense. Can you give me some ideas ? Looking though the online stuff at Surefire I was thinking maybe 6P, E2e, G2. If necessary I would be willing to install a higher output mod.
Thanks for your help on this.
tardis /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Monsters_Inc

Banned
Start with a 6P. After all, it's their original. Then, work your way up/down the scale of things. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

tardis

Newly Enlightened
What are the maximum lumens I can expect from a 6P and E2e ?

Why would one consider a 6P over an E2e or vice versa ?

Sorry for all the questions and thank you for your advice.

I think this hobby is gonna develop /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

GeoffChan

Enlightened
Tardis,

in a 6p;
a P60 is 65lu for 60mins,
a P61 is 120lu for 20mins.

in the e2e;
a MN02 is 25lu for about 150mins
a MN03 is 60 for 60 mins.

the e2e is a bit smaller than the 6p, the 6p can use the KL3 LED and KT1 Turbohead, while the e2e can use a KL1 LED. I think eventually you will own both the e2e and a 6p.

I carry my e2e/KL1 every day /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Geoff.

tardis

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for your help Geoff - much appreciated.

How many lumens is a KT1 Turbo then ? I guess the 6P doesn't have a clip either but it seems more versatile in terms of head changeability.

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
get a C2! if you're going to EDC it and possibly use it for self defence, the clip and grip ring is going to be VERY useful /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Size15's

Flashaholic
The KT1 TurboHead for two SF123A Standard Body SureFires is supplied with the N1 Lamp Assembly. The N1 is rated at 65Lu/50min.
The N1 Lamp Assembly is the only one available for two SF123A TurboHeads.

TurboHeads take the same amount of light (Lumens) and concentrate them into a tighter, more intense beam. One of the advantages of this is that the beam throw increases allowing you to illuminate targets at longer range.

Al

Kiu

Enlightened
To make some sense of the brightness comparing P60 & KT1/wN1.
block's site will give you some idea.
http://www.uwgb.edu/nevermab/flash.htm
High Out Lamp Assembly in 6P is great, however it just give you 20 mins of light. It is great for blinding someone in the dark, but it is not as general use.
looking for is a general use EDC???
E2e is the most favourite EDC incan in CPF. Get a KL1 with it too, then you will become addicted.