Help with replacing 3 cell lamp with LED module

not2bright

Enlightened
Hello.

As a soon to be father my wife and I purchased the Tomy Lullaby Lite Show like the one in the link below. It is a 3 D cell PR bulb setup with reverse polarity at the bulb (flange positive, tip negative).

http://www.tomy-usa.com/products.php?c=15&p=5

I'm looking for a good way to move this to LED. I opened the PR bulb holding flap and stuck a MagLed in candle mode and image was projected well. However a MagLed won't fit in to the PR bulb space and I need something that is reverse polarity.

Anyone have any ideas on a simple solution like a reverse polarity PR drop in? Or am I most likely forced to go with a Cree/SSC emitter and driver with some sort of custom heatsink?

Thanks!

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
it may be possible to put the batteries in upside down and use the dropin from sears. may have to be ingenius and glue a nut to the bottom of one battery or something.

not2bright

Enlightened
Lynx Arc, thanks.

I've tried some C cells and a spacer in backwards and that may be an option.

I've just ordered a couple of the Cree P4 on 12.8mm discs and some 800 mA drivers from DX. I'm going to figure out some sort of a heat sink to thermal epoxy to the 12.8mm disc. Hopefully a P4 driven at 800 mA won't be to bright for this ceiling projection toy. :whistle: