Help with opening Fenix L1T V2 Head

Oddjob

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am not a modder so I have no experience fiddling with lights outside of cleaning and taking care of them. I recently purchased an L1T V2 and I want to open the head so I can put some FASTCAR diffuser under the lens. I know it will void my warranty but I want to make the light floody but I do not want to have the diffuser material on the outside. The head looks like it unscrews but I just wanted to see if anyone had any experience opening one up without any damage. Thanks.

datiLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
I haven't opened an L1T, but I would imagine that it is similar to an L1P. The head screws off of the body (with heat and strap wrenches if needed), and the LED module (pill) is unscrewed from inside the head using needle nose pliers. Once the pill is out, the reflector screws out revealing the glass lens. Don't touch the lens. Drop it onto a lint free paper towel or cloth. Affix the diffuser material over the lens and trim it from the edge with a new razor blade.

One word of warning; the L1P's that I have opened have been brutal. I will never do another L1P mod, unless the head is unpotted.

Oddjob

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the info. I am hesitant to try it unless someone here has done it with relative ease. I might just leave it for now. Thanks a lot.