interstate commerce as gun control?

Tomas

Banned
As an owner of firearms and having (legally) carried such on my person since I left the military in 1970, I'm both bothered and not at all surprised by this.

tomsig03.gif

-= MICROSOFT FREE ZONE =-

binky

Flashlight Enthusiast
Even apart from that particular example, as a non-owner of firearms who may choose in the very near future (legally) to carry such on my person, in studying the myriad of laws regarding what I may and may not posess (or "bear" as in 2nd ammendment), assuming I am awarded a license from the State granting me that privilege, it is abundantly clear that rational cohesion has been entirely lost in the realm of law as it relates to the constition.

Our rights are in fact being infringed completely. It's terrible.

The 2nd ammendment was passed so we could take up arms and defend ourselves against a tyrannical government, right?

Well, owning a rifle with a max limit of 5 rounds in the magazine and a gauge limit decreed by the government is undoubtably pretty far from the original intent.

Owning whatever I want, from a zillion-round .22 to a bazooka, howitzer, or a SAM seems more inline with the intent. Armor piercing ammo, full-auto, the works.

Even the manufacturers have been strangled. I've been surfing the web to find a rifle, shotgun, and pistol. Nearly every manufacturer lists "military & law enforcement issue" equipment, and then a section that may as well be labeled "oh, and we also make a couple little things -- peashooters in comparison -- that we may sell to those other people."

But this is just the rambling of a computer science geek who used to be too busy working & paying taxes to notice that all his rights were being stripped as he stupidly trusted that that the constitution was being used as a standard against which other laws need to be checked for coherence. And I'm preaching to the choir, I'm sure.

binky

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thx Gun Nut. So much to learn; so little time. And I don't want to devote my professional time nor worse my family time to this issue very much, but the more I learn the worse it seems that it's quite necessary that we all must devote more time to it. These issues are looking like they're snowballing. What a freakin' annoyance. I like your web pages, by the way.

Anarchocap

Enlightened
Binky. I stopped reading the Newspaper and Watching TV News and Programs. If you filter out the spam, you'll have some limited time for reading new stuff. At work, I will bring lunch, eat it at my desk, and read for the hour. I go to be early during the week and wake up at 6 AM to walk 2 miles with my wife and watch the sunrise, then get ready for work and read for 30 minutes. At 6-7AM the world is pretty quiet!

If you want to learn, you can find the time. It just takes a little effort. I took George H. Smith's tapes, converted them into MP3s and put them on a CD. I can listen to it in my car, or with earphones on my computer at work while I am typing away. Where there is a will, there is a way!

If you only are willing to do one thing, beg, borrow, or steal to buy or copy George's "An Overview of American History." I have met him in person, and he was so damn interesting (and quite a character!), I had to get his stuff. You won't be disappointed!

Thanks for the compliments. Remember Freedom isn't free!

DieselDave

Super Moderator,
[ QUOTE ]
UnanimousConsent said:
Binky. I stopped reading the Newspaper and Watching TV News and Programs. If you filter out the spam, you'll have some limited time for reading new stuff. At work, I will bring lunch, eat it at my desk, and read for the hour. I go to be early during the week and wake up at 6 AM to walk 2 miles with my wife and watch the sunrise, then get ready for work and read for 30 minutes. At 6-7AM the world is pretty quiet!

[/ QUOTE ]

Think of how many ills from medical to mental we could cure or avoid by following this regiment. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
How about using things like Morals or merely Disabled to prohibit ANY weapons (not JUST firearms).

Remember the Second Amendment does NOT specify FIREARMS. It uses the word "Arms." Rather deliberately, too.

Morals: Sexuality. Heterosexuals are Moral, while Homosexuals are NOT Moral. Therefore, under this test, Homosexuals are Prohibited from possessing Firearms. This 'morality' is propagated by The Church (Organized Religion).

Disabled: All kinds, not just Mental (of which there are many forms). There exists a provision in the U.S. Code, as Revised, that makes it a Federal Felony to Own or Possess any weapon, or anything that can be used as a weapon. The provision merely states Disabled, not Mentally Incompetent.

If you look at the wording from a logical view, you come to the conclusion that is Illegal even to EXIST, if you are Disabled, since the 'weapons' would have to be confiscated (that includes the physical body). Think about it.

This is why I always say:

Constitution?? What Constitution?? We got RID of that YEARS ago!!! It is just that the Sheeple are so deluded into thinking that it still exists. The Government follows the Constutional form, until it pleases them to do otherwise.

Under the Real Constitution, the People ARE the Government. Not a Government and the People (Sheeple).

Anarchocap

Enlightened
I actually get most of my news from WorldNetDaily, and Ann's columns are featured there. While she has some intelligent things to say, its more of a Dems v. Repubs nature. I care more about liberty, and less about partisan politics.

I am sure you all know I am anti-war, but the actions against Al-Qaeda are clearly in self-defense. They are thugs and murderers, should be captured, and tried for their crimes in a court of law.

I must say, I am impressed that after 18 months, Khalid Shaikh Mohammed was captured, and it now looks like Osama could be next. The scary part is that Mohammed was being sheltered by a high level member of the Pakistani government, which is actually a dictatorship, just like Iraq. While our special forces have been kicking *ss, our foreign policy machine is still sucking...

Latest posts