Just Received The Olight T20 Q5

Hitthespot

Flashlight Enthusiast
First let me thank everyone who welcomed me to CPF. Thanks!

I just received my Olight T20 Q5 today. Thanks Battery Junction. I am as giddy as a school boy who was just kissed on the cheek for the first time. Since the specs and review have already been done, I will just say WOW. I always liked my G2 and E2E. The light from this light ( my first LED ) is amazing. This is very very bad though. I'm hooked and now I want more.

The color is much better than an incandescent. I didn't realize just how yellow an incandescent bulb was.

The spot is very good. Slight Donut after around 3 feet but not noticible in action.

Good bright throw and spill. Not as much spill as the G2 ( Im guessing 20% less) which gives the spill even more brightness. Since the spill is concentrated more it does not seem as diluted.

This light is suppose to be around 205 lumens and it is very bright. I have no way of measuring to see if it is actually more than 3 times brighter than my G2 rated at 60 lumens but again the T20 is very bright.

The five power settings are a nice touch. Just barely turn the head 1/8 of a turn both ways and the brightness level changes.

This is a great light. Note that it does not have a momentary push button switch so its tactical use could be limited. For other applications I would highly recommend it.

Last edited: