ya all should at least try this

raggie33

*the raggedier*
Ubuntu 7.10 is out today ive been using it for since the alpha .i must says its very very good the servers are kinda slammed now.hect a little bit ago they had 10.000 people online there forums

bitslammer

Enlightened
Might try it. Hopefully this version will detect and use my WLAN card. Last time I tried Unbutu it was a no go. If nothing else I'll have a snazzy new drink coaster with the CD I burn.

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the reminder. I do need to play with a newer ubuntu distro and see if I want to start using it more.

WNG

Enlightened
I find most distros don't do WiFi cards well on laptops.
PITA.
The suggested method of using the Windows XP driver, isn't working for some reason.

tiktok 22

Flashlight Enthusiast
I downloaded it and burned it to cd, popped it in and have to say...I like it!!! I ran it as a live CD but will probably install it on another PC.

Marduke

Flashaholic
I find most distros don't do WiFi cards well on laptops.
PITA.
The suggested method of using the Windows XP driver, isn't working for some reason.

I find that is true for most distros, but Ubuntu surprised me when it worked without having to do anything other than tell it my network's password.

What is this? I can't figure it out.

Linux OS

raggie33

*the raggedier*
hi everyone it has beter driver suport then the older version.alowing ya too use restricted drivers. it also is a lot easier to add flash and add ons to firefox. sadly it didnt work with my printer. a canon pixma ip 6220d . so im back on windows to print stuff im useing the trail version of windows xp 64 .it also dont work with my ati 650 pro tv card . but all inj all i think its one of the best distros out.try it as a live distro for a bit and if ya like it install it. i miss spell check on it.