Someone Stole My E1L Cree!!!

jcompton

Enlightened
Well, I was visiting a buddy of mine the other day at his house, when in the middle of our conversation I noticed he began looking for something. So I asked what he was looking for and he said that he was looking for a flashlight. I happened to have my E1L Cree with a LiFePO4 in my jacket pocket and I asked if that would do the job as I handed it over to him. He expressed how amazed he was at the output compared to the size of the light, then he used it to find what it was he was originally looking for. A few minutes later a few more individuals (roommates/friends) came in and he asked if he could show it off to them, to which I conceded. It went around the room as we continued our conversation. I then received a phone call from a client that I needed to take outside, so I tended to the client call and after a few minutes I returned. We finished our conversation and I left the house not even thinking about the light due to my train of thought being diverted to the issue pertaining to my client (now if it were a McGizmo Ti PD-S it might have been another story, then again I doubt it would have ever left my sight). I arrive at home about an hour or so later, after stopping at the office to file a bit of paperwork, and as I reach into my jacket pocket I don't feel my E1L. So I check my other pockets, the car, the driveway, etc... I then call my friend and ask if I had left it on his kitchen or living room table. He double checks and can't find it. I then asked him to check his garage...Nothing. I even asked him to call his roomates/friends and see if any of them "accidentally" pocketed it. No one knows where it is. I decided to take it upon myself to call a few of them and ask if they had any idea where it could be... Apparently the new E1L-Crees are capable of performing this amazing vanishing "act" when they pass through the hands of many (non-CPFer) individuals.

As of right now I have lost all hope of ever getting this little guy back. I guess this is a good lesson to learn on a stock E1L instead of a McGizmo or Milky Modded E1L. It's just so irritating that someone would even consider stealing something like that. They probably have no idea of its value and if they do and try to put that LiFePO4 into a 3.6v charger things will get real ugly real fast :shakehead.

jcompton

Enlightened
I really hope so, but since I was only in two rooms, walking through one to get to the other, I doubt it. I really do hope you are right... I forgot to mention that this happened 3 days ago and between going back over to check for myself and calling for an update to the search the other 2 days, it's not looking good.

Illum

Flashaholic
when theres a group of people the "law of inanimate motion" comes about from the Murphy box....ANYTHING, INCLUDING HEAVY FURNITURE could potentially sprout legs in any given time and you won't realize it until its gone.

hence my concern for using lights in a crowded zone....when I show off my lights, its usually during a one-to-one situation

USM0083

Enlightened
By process of elimination determine the likely culprit and take your brightest light and let him/her know how bright a real light is.

louie

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sad if one of those folks took it, but a really thorough search of the area is called for. Most likely the last guy to look at it set it down in some odd place (unless these guys really are thieves). I once lost a Surefire when I sat in friend's car and it slipped out of my jacket pocket, down into the space between the seat and the console. I called my friend and he claimed he looked and didn't see it, then I went over, used a flashlight!!! and saw it.

Good luck.

Illum

Flashaholic
By process of elimination determine the likely culprit and take your brightest light and let him/her know how bright a real light is.

or knock him out and let him see the stars in the dark...whichever the case may be, its going to be difficult since you must start a conservation with the likely culprit and have him admit the taking of the light without bringing up the topic about the lost light