Anyone have a good mount system for putting lights (my fenixes) on bike handlebars?

EsthetiX

Enlightened
I just got the new fenix l2T and l2d...

I want to mount them up on what I have in the picture below but I want it too look nice. That means no cheasy duct tape mount job! lol

So what do you guys use to mount yours on your bike bars?

dscf1468gt2.jpg

LED_Thrift

Flashlight Enthusiast
+1 also.
This is a topic I've been monitoring for a while, and the consensus seems that these TwoFish LockBlocks are the right thing.

f22shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
That ebay one doesnt even fit. I bet everyone gets suckered and buys it once.
My bro uses a simple livestrong bracelet and wrap around the bike bar and then to front and back of his l2d.

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
everything mentionned, except for the cheap crap, is useless, because the light can not be changed horizontally
(glad if You have a totally straight bar)

get some of the cheap crap and throw away the ones where the levers are broken at that metal "rivet".
These holders survive 6P on bar on full speed day time rides - I like them

but wont work with the small diameter of a Fenix - build this:
ast2argq6zmsbzfxw.jpg

Valolammas

Enlightened
everything mentionned, except for the cheap crap, is useless, because the light can not be changed horizontally
(glad if You have a totally straight bar)

I was worried about this before buying a few Twofish mounts, but I don't find it any problem at all. Depends on the handle bar, I guess. Mine isn't straight, but if I mount the light almost in the center, it points forward.

To the OP: if you do decide to get Twofish mounts, get the Cyclopblock model. I bought both and the Lockblock broke the first time I tried to use it. One of the straps just came apart in my hands. Nothing I can't fix, but annoying. The straps on the Cyclopblock seem to be much sturdier.

f22shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
The nite ride can adjust left or right enough to align. The tension holds it in place. You can adjust on the fly too. On the floor or forward while riding.
I know this because i do it.

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
That ebay one doesnt even fit. I bet everyone gets suckered and buys it once.
My bro uses a simple livestrong bracelet and wrap around the bike bar and then to front and back of his l2d.

+1 for the silicone bands, of whatever variety!

This week was "Red-Ribbon Week", where all the kids are encouraged through various programs to stay "Drug Free!" In the middle school I subbed in on Tuesday, they had silicone wrist bracelets, stamped with the sentence, "PROUD TO BE DRUG FREE."

I didn't want to deprive the kids, so I waited until the end of the day, and then went around asking if anyone knew where I could find extras. I found the woman who obtained them for the school, and asked if I could have a couple. There was a bag with probably thirty of those bands in it. She said, "Sure! Go ahead," and I did just that.

When I got home, I tried them out on my bike bars. Kind of hard to work with because they are so strong, but they do work, akin to the o-rings Dinotte uses on their smaller lights.

:)

LEDAdd1ct (that's LED addict...;) )

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had the nite-Ize strap break three hours into owning one, and needless to say it was dark and I had an hour more to go, plus its floppy and bouncy. I think it's crap as well.

If you want a semi permanent mount take two stainless hose clamps and arrange them in a figure eight.

You can also sometimes find old AA bike lights real cheap. Take the light part off and create a mount for a flashlight.
http://home.att.net/~dejmtb/flashlights/54.jpg