Surefire LEDs

Gerhard

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

I am wondering where the LED regulatory circuit is in surefire lights. Is it in the front or the tail cap?

If it is in the tail cap, I assume i cannot exchange the switch for other switches which physically fit. Is that right?

Thanks!

NickDrak

Enlightened
They are not all the same....

Some, like the L1 Lumamax have its circuitry in the body/battery tube just behind the head assembly. Others like the U2 Digital Ultra, 6PL and some other models have all of its circuitry in either the head unit or the lamp assembly. None of the Surefire lights that I am aware of have any circuitry in their tailcaps. Do you own or have a particular Surefire light in mind that you want to know about?

Last edited:

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Gerhard, welcome to CPF.

:welcome:

In most flashlights, Surefire included, the circuit is very near to the emitter. The tailcap can usually be changed/modified without problems. Here are a couple of pics of the Surefire innards:

As to the pics, I had downloaded them from a CPF post some months ago and I don't know any longer who the author was. I apologize with him (her) for using them without permission. :eek: