Flashlight Magazines?

DieselTech

Enlightened
I know at one time SureFire produced, sponsored, or was somehow affiliated with a magazine. I want to say it was called Combat Tactics or something like that. I bought one or two issues, but it's probably been almost two years since I've looked for it.

KingGlamis

Banned
100 page magazine with 75 pages of ads and 25 pages of content. No thanks!:thumbsdow

Nothing wrong with ads. That's what pays for the magazine to be produced and you can find some cool companies and new products in those ads.

I agree with the original poster, if there is not a flashlight magazine, there should be. Especially with the massive advances in tech that the flashlight industry has seen and will continue to see. Would probably be best to include other items that flashaholics also might care about, like GPS units, knives, etc...

faco

Enlightened
It would not have worked say 10 years ago, but now with LEDs, and all the different materials and options we have on offer it should do well. I log onto CPF just about every day and always find something interesting to read. I'd definitely subscribe to a Flashlight Magazine and skip the adds I have no interest in. If only us flashaholics on CPF buy it, they would sell heaps of magazines. Just an idea............

CandlePowerFlashaholic
The Magazine of Fine Flashlights​

$6.95 :paypal: :thumbsup: :)

lightemup

Flashaholic*
I check the newsagent everytime i'm there for a "Surefire Presents Combat Tactics" Magazine. The last one was a little disappointing, less about Surefires and light, and more about other gear...

Radio

Modulated Moderator
You guys gotta think "Outside The Bun" How about a monthly CandlePowerForums Newsletter? We cold have a PDF file and mail it to everyone that signs up, and yes, it could be sponsored by some ads, maybe some coupons! The ideas are endless! OK, now Where's Sasha!!! :poke:

Burgess

Flashaholic
an On-Line newsletter might make a little more sense.

Trouble with an actual "paper" magazine, (often called "dead trees"),
is the Two MONTHS or so "Lag Time". :thumbsdow

Can you imagine reading, right now, about the "new" SureFire flashlights
("Just Released !"), which are using Cree LED's,
insteada' the old Luxeons ?

Hey, this is OLD NEWS, we would (and DO) cry ! :D

Tell us something NEW ! :candle:

Just my 2 cents. :p

_

Illum

Flashaholic
DanielG said:
How many batteries should they hold?
I have yet to see a flashlight that uses a proprietary clip mag:crackup:

from the archives, it appears Surefire did something of sorts back in 2004
\"Surefire presents \" magazine [2005]

aside from that, theres been some previous discussion on this, but non ended with anything good info
Where\'s a Flashlight Magazine? [12/21/2004]
Dedicated magazine for flashlight, lantern, led [06/26/2005]
Why no flashlight magazines? [2/23/2007]
flashlight magazine [5/27/07]

Latest posts