I boarded a plane yesterday....

Bloodnut

Newly Enlightened
and noticed two flashlights on the wall by the main door. They were beige in color. I was unable to discern if they were rechargeable and/or if they automatically switched on in the event of a power failure. The lenses were covered by beige (nontransluscent) plastic. I thought to myself, "What a crock!"

Nighttime flight, cabin lights go out, and these lights may or may not work - assuming the flight crew could find them to start with. Was happy to have my 9P w/ Malkoff drop-in in my pack. :D

Does anyone know the deal on these lights mounted in planes? I think it was a Boeing 717?

Patriot

Flashaholic
Yeah, those things are cheesy! I worked with a guy who's wife is a Flight Attendant. She is required by the airlines to carry a flashlight. I set here up with and E2E.

cjlandry

Newly Enlightened
My 6P stays in it's holster, on my belt, on flights. I usually have my G2 in my carry on, and my 1911 in my checked baggage, for access in case of surviving an "emergency landing" in the mountains or something.

Scott Packard

Newly Enlightened
For what it's worth, several years back I flew an overnight business-class to England. After the movie ends we're supposed to be getting some sleep. The attendants use the flashlights when responding to "Call Attendant" buttons. The cabin lights are turned down.

cjlandry

Newly Enlightened
For what it's worth, several years back I flew an overnight business-class to England. After the movie ends we're supposed to be getting some sleep. The attendants use the flashlights when responding to "Call Attendant" buttons. The cabin lights are turned down.

I can never sleep during that time. I'm always wide awake during overseas flights, and I keep the flight attendants busy. British Air has the best Business Class, followed closely by KLM (Royal Dutch), and Lufthansa (we always jokingly call it "Luftwaffe").

Air France is a PITA, and I won't fly with them again unless they're the only flight available for my destination.

I let a KLM Flight Attendant handle my G2 last year. She liked it. I'd have given it to her if I'd have had a backup at the time.

bluecrow76

Enlightened
My 6P stays in it's holster, on my belt, on flights. I usually have my G2 in my carry on, and my 1911 in my checked baggage, for access in case of surviving an "emergency landing" in the mountains or something.

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one that can't travel without it... the 1911 that is! :whistle: The lights a given around here. :thumbsup:

cjlandry

Newly Enlightened
I'm glad to know I'm not the only one that can't travel without it... the 1911 that is! :whistle: The lights a given around here. :thumbsup:

When I see "Tiger Town", I think of the LSU area.

I live in Texas, but I'm a native of Baton Rouge. I spent this weekend in Baton Rouge, cheering on the LSU Tigers and Bobby Jindal. Saturday night was victorious for me all the way around.

choppers

Flashlight Enthusiast
My cousin is a commercial pilot and we got to talking about lights. He said that in the cockpit they have surefires. He was unaware of what kind, he just knew the brand. I do not fly often so haven't seen the ones that you mentioned above...but from what he says, there are surefires in the cockpit...

bluecrow76

Enlightened
When I see "Tiger Town", I think of the LSU area.

I live in Texas, but I'm a native of Baton Rouge. I spent this weekend in Baton Rouge, cheering on the LSU Tigers and Bobby Jindal. Saturday night was victorious for me all the way around.

Temporary hijack:

That would be correct sir! Saturday was a good day for Louisiana! PM sent...