A good weather proof pocket flashlight?

Dalantech

Newly Enlightened
Something that uses Lithium button cells and is weather or water proof that I can easily carry in my pocket. Thanks!

Nerd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe a Pelican M6 or a Surefire 6P? Ops... you want button cells. Eh... maybe the Photon 3? If you don't mind a slightly larger size, a Arc AAA would be a good choice due to it's long runtime.

C

Cosmic Superchunk

Just how big of a pocket light are you looking for? Something the size of a Photon Microlight or bigger? Perhaps a Pelican L1? It runs on 4 LR44 button cells and is weather proof, but I wouldn't take a dive in a pool or the ocean with it. Now, an Arc AAA doesn't run on lithium cells, but it's an excellent choice for the keys or your pocket. You won't even notice it's there until you need it.

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
There really isn't a good weatherproof or waterproof button cell keychainable light you can buy. The closest is the Arc AAA, which isn't even button... The Photon series are button, and burn quite long as well, but I'd doubt it can withstand a dunkin' in a sink or pond or soakin' in the rain...

Reno

Enlightened
The Photon 1 can, as well as the Photon 3, but neither of them hold a cnadle (pun intended) to the Arc AAA!!!

Bill.H

Enlightened
I vote you skip the button cell idea and go with the Arc AAA.

What, you didn't ask us to vote??? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

revolvergeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
Closest thing to what you are asking for would be either a Pelikan L1 or a Streamlite Keymate. If the 2, I much prefer the Key-mate. Another option, cheap but larger, would be a PT Blast.

Overall though, the ARC AAA is really hard to beat. I live by my turquiose one (and have 2 spares just in case).

Wylie

Enlightened
Here's an idea for you if you would like to build your own. I am pretty happy with my little WTKPs. They made real nice stocking stuffers this last Christmas and everybody that fot one sounded like they liked them. I have made some changes before I sent them out. I put a 10,000 mcd LED in them and rigged the switch to be a momentary and constant on combination.
fce4edee.jpg

Dalantech

Newly Enlightened
I don't like using LR44 batteries,, I'd just much rather have a lithium cell.

I think the Arc AAA is gonna get my $ /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

beakman

Newly Enlightened
What about the Princeton Tec Eclipse? It uses coin cells (CR2016's I think) and is supposed to be waterproof. I'm thinking of picking one up.

the beakman

P.S. I just joined the forum, though I've been lurking for a while and have really enjoyed the discussions. I think I may be a budding flashaholic. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Weatherproof, lithium coin cell pocket light size range:

Arc AAA (very tough)
Streamlight Keymate
Photon 3 (can turn on in pocket = dead batteries)
Lightwave Pocketbright (can turn on in pocket = dead batteries)
CMG o4

Personally I carry an Inova Microlight. I just keep it from getting too wet. Ran through the washer once - took it apart, dried it off, and it still works fine on the same batteries.

Welcome aboard Beakman!

Bob Snow

Newly Enlightened
I just got a pair of Princeton Tec Eclipse lights from Brightguy and I think I will be using them in place of my trusty Photons. I like the integral clip. I typically only carry two keys, and the Eclipse works great if I put the two keys on a small 1/2" split ring. Even though the Eclipses larger than the Photons, I needed either two split rings or a miniature carabiner with the Photon to carry my two keys comfortably. It would be really nice if Princeton Tec included two of those removable clips with each light. This would allow you to move the lights around more easily.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I just got a couple of PT Eclipses, but the jury's still out on them. As soon as I start testing, I'll make it a point to put one on my keyring and lug it around for awhile just to be sure it doesn't simply fall off for no readily apparent reason. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

I'd carry one around in my pants pocket, but my pockets automatically empty themselves when I ride around in my electric wheelchair. So that'll have to be up to somebody else to test. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif